Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amp 2 and Cab 2:

I tried asking this a few Beta revs back and got no real replies. So I try again.

My understanding is that AMP 1's Impedance curve will conform to CAB 1's Dyna-Cab in slot 1, if Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is turned on.
This all works as expected and changes are seen on FX3 front panel's AMP 1 Speaker page. (AXE Edit does not yet show all updates).

If AMP 2 is hooked up to the same CAB 1 also with Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned on....I see/hear no changes in AMP 2 (AMP 1 still works).
If I connect AMP 2 to CAB 2 with the expectation that Auto behaviour will work same as AMP 1 and CAB 1....still nothing.
No visual changes on AMP 2 speaker page on FX3 front panel, and no sound difference.
If I have AMP 1 into CAB 2 also no effect.

My conclusion is that currently Auto Dyna-Cab Imp behaviour only works between AMP 1 and CAB 1.
AMP 2 and CAB 2 have all the available parameters but Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is not implemented yet.

Has anyone else noticed/experimented with this?

Could we get a confirmation that this is a correct interpretation of the current implementation?

Thanks
My test results:

Amp Block 1 SIC gets changed when Cab block 1 Cab Slot 1 goes to Dyna-Cab.
Amp Block 2 SIC gets changed when Cab block 2 Cab Slot 1 goes to Dyna-Cab.

Amp Block 2 SIC does NOT get changed when Cab block 1 Cab Slot 2 goes to Dyna-Cab.

When you say CAB 2 you need to specify if you are talking about the Cab block or one of the 4 Cab slots within the Cab block.

My test results:

Amp Block 1 SIC gets changed when Cab block 1 Cab 1 goes to Dyna-Cab.
Amp Block 2 SIC gets changed when Cab block 2 Cab 1 goes to Dyna-Cab.

Amp Block 2 SIC does NOT get changed when Cab block 1 Cab 2 goes to Dyna-Cab.

When you say CAB 2 you need to specify if you are talking about the Cab block or one of the 4 Cab slots within the Cab block.
For me Amp2’s SIC does not change when I change channels in Cab2….until I select Amp2 in Axe Edit. I am talking about Cab block not channel or slot numbers.

Last edited:
Are you sure about Slot2? Mine works with Slot1.
oops - typo - thanks - corrected.

There's something strange going on at his end. In the preset I posted above (Sprint-Test), he does not see the Amp2 IC change as he flips between scene 1 and 2 unless he re-clicks on the amp2 block in AE. Does it change for you?

For me Amp2’s SIC does not change when I change scenes in Cab2….until I select Amp2 in Axe Edit. I am talking about Cab block not scene or slot numbers.
I'll test it out again - I wasn't playing guitar when I tested, I just made changes in Axe-Edit and it worked as expected, except for the label not changing.

oops - typo - thanks - corrected.

There's something strange going on at his end. In the preset I posted above (Sprint-Test), he does not see the Amp2 IC change as he flips between scene 1 and 2 unless he re-clicks on the amp2 block in AE. Does it change for you?
I made a 4 scene preset: Amp1 + Cab1 Legacy (s1), Amp1 + Cab1 DC (s2), Amp2 + Cab2 Legacy (s3), Amp2 + Cab2 DC (s4). I used Ch A in the Cab blocks for Legacy, and Ch B for Dyna-Cab.

Scenes 1 + 2 worked correctly, with the SIC changing when I switched from S1 to S2.

S3 + S4 worked differently, and I think it is a display-only problem because you can definitely hear the change when going from Legacy to Dyna-Cab, but the SIC graph stays the same UNTIL you go to the Cab2 block and change to a different Dyna-Cab. Then the SIC graph changes to the new value, but when you switch back to Legacy, the SIC graph still shows the Dyna-Cab SIC. So it appears that the graph is not getting updated correctly. I'm not sure if that also means that the SIC is not getting updated correctly.

I made a 4 scene preset: Amp1 + Cab1 Legacy (s1), Amp1 + Cab1 DC (s2), Amp2 + Cab2 Legacy (s3), Amp2 + Cab2 DC (s4). I used Ch A in the Cab blocks for Legacy, and Ch B for Dyna-Cab.

Scenes 1 + 2 worked correctly, with the SIC changing when I switched from S1 to S2.

S3 + S4 worked differently, and I think it is a display-only problem because you can definitely hear the change when going from Legacy to Dyna-Cab, but the SIC graph stays the same UNTIL you go to the Cab2 block and change to a different Dyna-Cab. Then the SIC graph changes to the new value, but when you switch back to Legacy, the SIC graph still shows the Dyna-Cab SIC. So it appears that the graph is not getting updated correctly. I'm not sure if that also means that the SIC is not getting updated correctly.
Can you post the preset? That sounds like a different scenario from above, which was simply switching from one dynacab in cab2-sl1-chA on scene 1 to a different dynacab in cab2-sl1-chB on scene2, and not seeing or hearing the Amp2 IC change between the 2 scenes unless re-clicking on the Amp2 block in AE.

I was a bit reticent to try the beta for the first time, bc I was kinda against resetting my dynacab settings for the final release. I also purchased some new IRs the day before updating. While it might time to incorporate to my existing presets ( which do sound amazing with legacy cabs), I tried a couple ones with the dynacab and fiddled around using a looper block in front to be able to move the mics around. It`s a whole different thing, something very inmediate and in your face. I got instant Nuno with my original settings on the HBE and the two Friedman dynacabs. Aggresive, snappy, very rich and clear, and the percussive effect really shines through, VERY organic and infinitely chocked full off tonal possibilities.

Quick mea culpa....

In my posts about this topic I kept saying "changing scenes" on CAB 2 had no effect on AMP 2's SIC.

What I should have said is "changing channels" on CAB 2. (Have edited them since)

Just got back from a long trip with an 8 hour time difference....seems like my brain is still in transit.

All observations still hold just the language was wrong. Same scene but changing channels on CAB 2 has no effect on SIC in AMP2 until I reselect it on the grid in AXE Edit.

Official Fractal guidance on how this should work (AMP 1&2 / CAB 1&2 interaction on this topic) would be helpful.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers

Last edited:
Last word for tonight on this....

The pict below represents 3 (simplified) ways that I use Multiple Amps and Cabs. Would be good to know "the official rules" of how Auto SIC info from CAB 1 & 2 is supposed to be interpreted by both AMPS in these scenarios. Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. on in both Amps.

Currently, for me, AMP2 always/only follows CAB2....but only after manually selecting/reselecting AMP2 on the grid (bug?).
AMP/CAB1 relationship is working without needing to do this..

The interesting question is with option 2: How will AMP2 respond to channel changes in CAB1.
Currently, not at all (even though they are connected). For me....

So the interesting question is: What determines the control path....what it is connected to.....or the name/number of the blocks....ideally?
Scenerios 1 and 3 seem obvious to me and conform to the same decision logic of...."what am I connected to".

Lot's of very cool tone permutations with this Auto SIC feature in multiple AMP/CAB presets, but need to understand the logic tree.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Cheers

3_Options 2.png

Attachments

• 3_Options.png
    3_Options.png
    521.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
We gotta remember this FW is still in the beta phase and Cliff has been kind enough to release new versions of it as more cabs are finished. There are typically kinks to work out and they may not be as high on the priority list during the beta phase so are not addressed as much, or as quickly, as some would like. Another beta may or may not address some the SIC 'issues' that have been experienced but we should all be quite confident though that FAS is working on the minutia for the final release or release candidate.

Last word for tonight on this....

The pict below represents 3 (simplified) ways that I use Multiple Amps and Cabs. Would be good to know "the official rules" of how Auto SIC info from CAB 1 & 2 is supposed to be interpreted by both AMPS in these scenarios. Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. on in both Amps.

Currently, for me, AMP2 always/only follows CAB2....but only after manually selecting/reselecting AMP2 on the grid (bug?).
AMP/CAB1 relationship is working without needing to do this..

The interesting question is with option 2: How will AMP2 respond to channel changes in CAB1.
Currently, not at all (even though they are connected). For me....

So the interesting question is: What determines the control path....what it is connected to.....or the name/number of the blocks....ideally?
Scenerios 1 and 3 seem obvious to me and conform to the same decision logic of...."what am I connected to".

Lot's of very cool tone permutations with this Auto SIC feature in multiple AMP/CAB presets, but need to understand the logic tree.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Cheers

View attachment 121050
I use two amps into one cab like the above picture middle example.......I just go to the front panel and set the curve manually for amp2 for each scene [amp channel] ....done.

Last edited:
Quick mea culpa....

In my posts about this topic I kept saying "changing scenes" on CAB 2 had no effect on AMP 2's SIC.

What I should have said is "changing channels" on CAB 2.

Just got back from a long trip with an 8 hour time difference....seems like my brain is still in transit.

All observations still hold just the language was wrong. Same scene but changing channels on CAB 2 has no effect on SIC in AMP2 until I reselect it on the grid in AXE Edit.

Official Fractal guidance on how this should work (AMP 1&2 / CAB 1&2 interaction on this topic) would be helpful.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers
OK - well that made a difference - I'm now replicating what you experienced. It's what Mr Rock Chalk discovered earlier. Switching cab2 channels containing different slot1 dynacabs does not change IC accordingly in Amp2 unless one "clicks" on the amp2 block in AE. Seems like it might be a bug since it does behave as expected with cab1/amp1 (IC changes accordingly in amp1 when switching cab1 channels containing 2 different slot1 dynacabs) - yaaaa! - we isolated / confirmed the sucker!

Edit: Testing with AE not running, and switch cab channels with midi foot controller - same result.

Last edited:
We gotta remember this FW is still in the beta phase and Cliff has been kind enough to release new versions of it as more cabs are finished. There are typically kinks to work out and they may not be as high on the priority list during the beta phase so are not addressed as much, or as quickly, as some would like. Another beta may or may not address some the SIC 'issues' that have been experienced but we should all be quite confident though that FAS is working on the minutia for the final release or release candidate.
Indeed....just sharing my observations. 100% confidence in Fractal to iron out the wrinkles.

I use two amps into one cab like the above picture middle example.......I just go to the front panel and set the curve manually for amp2 for each scene....done.
Yes, that works. What I am doing is changing CAB channels in realtime with FC6 (within 1 Scene) for tone variations.

Essentially using Auto SIC as a tone shaping tool.

Often I even do this with the actual CAB bypassed, to just tweak the AMP's output freq response.

Last edited:
Can you post the preset? That sounds like a different scenario from above, which was simply switching from one dynacab in cab2-sl1-chA on scene 1 to a different dynacab in cab2-sl1-chB on scene2, and not seeing or hearing the Amp2 IC change between the 2 scenes unless re-clicking on the Amp2 block in AE.

Attachments

• Dyna-Cab SIC Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
OK - well that made a difference - I'm now replicating what you experienced. It's what Mr Rock Chalk discovered earlier. Switching cab2 channels containing different slot1 dynacabs does not change IC accordingly in Amp2 unless one "clicks" on the amp2 block. Seems like it might be a bug since it does behave as expected with cab1/amp1
Bullseye....

^^This^^

Yes... And this thread is precisely where people should be talking about any issues they're having for that very purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom