Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alnico silvers are the same as alnico blues... but vox painted them silver for a period in the 60s and 70s. Silvers are the holy grail of Vox speakers.
Sorry for nitpicking but these speaker's got different sounds. One of the factors is the difference of the cone - Silvers have 55Hz whereas Blues have 75Hz.
Here's the comparison clip of Silvers and Alnico, driven by the same 1975 CBS-Arbiter AC30 amplifier section.

Sorry for nitpicking but these speaker's got different sounds. One of the factors is the difference of the cone - Silvers have 55Hz whereas Blues have 75Hz.
Here's the comparison clip of Silvers and Alnico, driven by the same 1975 CBS-Arbiter AC30 amplifier section.

I knew someone would mention this. They are the same model of G12 speaker and have gone through 60 years of manufacturing, colour and material changes.

If you really wanna deep dive then:

https://www.bygonetones.com/vintage-celestion-alnico-g12-models.html

But from what you are saying the speaker spec and construction is a function of its colour which is not true, it's a function of time, a 2023 Chinese Celestion Blue is not the same as a 1964 Blue. But a 1964 Silver IS the same as a 1964 blue.

T530 (Blue) and T1088 (Silver) are the same speaker with a different paint job. The celestion log book confirms it: "as T530, sprayed poly grey". However if you have one from 2013, or 1969 it will not be made to the same specification as one from say 63 or 64. They made little changes to the spec through the years.

What they are not is greenbacks or something else, which is what the original poster was alluding to.

Last edited:
I knew someone would mention this. They are the same model of G12 speaker and have gone through 60 years of manufacturing, colour and material changes.

If you really wanna deep dive then:

https://www.bygonetones.com/vintage-celestion-alnico-g12-models.html

But from what you are saying the speaker spec and construction is a function of its colour which is not true, it's a function of time, a 2023 Chinese Celestion Blue is not the same as a 1964 Blue. But a 1964 Silver IS the same as a 1964 blue.

T530 (Blue) and T1088 (Silver) are the same speaker with a different paint job. The celestion log book confirms it: "as T530, sprayed poly grey". However if you have one from 2013, or 1969 it will not be made to the same specification as one from say 63 or 64. They made little changes to the spec through the years.

What they are not is greenbacks or something else, which is what the original poster was alluding to.
Thank you for the info, then I should be more specific: it would be great if Dyna-Cab would cover reissue Celestion Blues (ideally UK-made ones in mid '90s), as it's got its own sound and preferred by Brian May and other artists playing reissue AC30s.

Amp 2 and Cab 2:

I tried asking this a few Beta revs back and got no real replies. So I try again.

My understanding is that AMP 1's Impedance curve will conform to CAB 1's Dyna-Cab in slot 1, if Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is turned on.
This all works as expected and changes are seen on FX3 front panel's AMP 1 Speaker page. (AXE Edit does not yet show all updates).

If AMP 2 is hooked up to the same CAB 1 also with Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned on....I see/hear no changes in AMP 2 (AMP 1 still works).
If I connect AMP 2 to CAB 2 with the expectation that Auto behaviour will work same as AMP 1 and CAB 1....still nothing.
No visual changes on AMP 2 speaker page on FX3 front panel, and no sound difference.
If I have AMP 1 into CAB 2 also no effect.

My conclusion is that currently Auto Dyna-Cab Imp behaviour only works between AMP 1 and CAB 1.
AMP 2 and CAB 2 have all the available parameters but Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is not implemented yet.

Has anyone else noticed/experimented with this?

Could we get a confirmation that this is a correct interpretation of the current implementation?

Thanks

Amp 2 and Cab 2:

I tried asking this a few Beta revs back and got no real replies. So I try again.

My understanding is that AMP 1's Impedance curve will conform to CAB 1's Dyna-Cab in slot 1, if Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is turned on.
This all works as expected and changes are seen on FX3 front panel's AMP 1 Speaker page. (AXE Edit does not yet show all updates).

If AMP 2 is hooked up to the same CAB 1 also with Auto Dyna-Cab Imp turned on....I see/hear no changes in AMP 2 (AMP 1 still works).
If I connect AMP 2 to CAB 2 with the expectation that Auto behaviour will work same as AMP 1 and CAB 1....still nothing.
No visual changes on AMP 2 speaker page on FX3 front panel, and no sound difference.
If I have AMP 1 into CAB 2 also no effect.

My conclusion is that currently Auto Dyna-Cab Imp behaviour only works between AMP 1 and CAB 1.
AMP 2 and CAB 2 have all the available parameters but Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is not implemented yet.

Has anyone else noticed/experimented with this?

Could we get a confirmation that this is a correct interpretation of the current implementation?

Thanks
Not exactly the same as what I see here, which is:
  • Amp1's IC parameters are automatically reacting to Cab1 Dynacab-Slot1 (changes showing at the FP and in AE)
  • Amp2's IC parameters are automatically reacting to Cab2 Dynacab-Slot1 (changes showing at the FP and in AE).
In both cases: even though the IC parameters are changing and showing at the FP and in AE, the "Speaker Imp. Curve" description title changes are only showing at the front panel (not in AE .. yet).

Last edited:
Just tried this and I'm not seeing it. Even with all 4 slots on I see/hear no changes in AMP 2 IC curves.
check the IC values visually on the amp2 speaker page (ie low res freq) - are they changing to different values when you change the cab selection for cab2 Dynacab-slot1?

check the IC values visually on the amp2 speaker page (ie low res freq) - are they changing to different values when you change the cab selection for cab2 Dynacab-slot1?
Nope....cycling through CAB 2 channels each with different speaker in all 4 slots....results in no changes on AMP2 speaker page on FX3 front panel. Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is on in AMP2.

Last edited:
Nope....cycling through CAB 2 scenes each with different amp in all 4 slots....results in no changes on AMP2 speaker page on FX3 front panel. Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is on in AMP2.
to simplify this just look at one scene to start with (scene 1 with Amp2/Cab2 both on Channel A) - change the cabinet you selected in Cab2 (Channel A) Dynacab-slot1 to a different dyna cabinet selection. You should see the Amp2 (Channel A) IC values (the number values - ie "low freq") changing when you select different dyna cabinets in Cab2 (ChA) Dynacab-slot1.

to simplify this just look at one scene to start with (scene 1 with Amp2/Cab2 both on Channel A) - change the cabinet you selected in Cab2 (Channel A) Dynacab-slot1 to a different dyna cabinet selection. You should see the Amp2 (Channel A) IC values (the number values - ie "low freq") changing when you select different dyna cabinets in Cab2 (ChA) Dynacab-slot1.
Nope....nada. Here the preset, maybe I'm missing something.

Attachments

• Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom