Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the preamp can you still mix and match tone stacks .
is the active passive eq still an option

Finally can you talk about the new parameters that will be in the poweramp block and what they do

Hi to all of you,
I'm quite new with it. I don't have too much information about the Axe Fx.
In case you didn't understand me correctly, I haven't bought the Axe Fx already, I'm just researching for it,
and I think you are the best people to ask them these questions.

1 ) First of all, how do people listen to them?
Do Fractal Audio have a store or something that the customers can listen to your products?

2) The second question I want to ask is how have people bought the Axe Fx so far?
They've just bought it from the internet ?

3) I have been thinking seriously for a while about buying the Axe Fx,
and yesterday my parents informed me that we are going to fly to United States in August 12th.
What it means for me, that the Axe Fx's cost will be a lot cheaper.
So how can I buy the Axe Fx II ?
I will be In New York,New York, Manhattan for 10 days.

4 ) There is a chance that The Axe Fx II will be available in August 12th - August 22nd ?

If you can tell me the whole information about payments options, warranty, how can I listen to it,
and how can you send me it when I will be in New York, I will be thankfull.

I assume you are only talking about the Axe-fx II.

1. There are a few clips on this forum. But right now there aren't a lot of samples. What we hear sounds good.

2. The Axe-fx II is not for sale yet. When it goes on sale it will be sold the same way as the old model, in the yahoo store on the fractal website.

3. Probably your only option would be to find a friend in New York who can keep it for you. You can't buy one in a store. You will need to find some way around that.

4. It should be widely available by then.

5. Payment is credit card only I believe.

A couple of technical questions: Will it work fine to upload my old saved patches from the Ultra to the Axe-Fx II? Will they sound the same?
Will my MFC-101 "get into trouble" when it gets hooked up to the new Axe-Fx II, or will it work just like before? For instance, I've programmed my MFC-101 and my expression pedals to do a few special "tricks", will this translate directly and work fine with the Axe-Fx II as well?
And does the Axe-Fx II have everything that the Ultra had (the same effects and functions), plus some new effects/features? i.e. nothing has actually been taken away from the Ultra and replaced with something else on the II, you've only added new features? I've read that there are quite a few changes/upgrades in the amp and cab sections, but what's new in the effects department, for instance?

A couple of technical questions: Will it work fine to upload my old saved patches from the Ultra to the Axe-Fx II? Will they sound the same?
Will my MFC-101 "get into trouble" when it gets hooked up to the new Axe-Fx II, or will it work just like before? For instance, I've programmed my MFC-101 and my expression pedals to do a few special "tricks", will this translate directly and work fine with the Axe-Fx II as well?
And does the Axe-Fx II have everything that the Ultra had (the same effects and functions), plus some new effects/features? i.e. nothing has actually been taken away from the Ultra and replaced with something else on the II, you've only added new features? I've read that there are quite a few changes/upgrades in the amp and cab sections, but what's new in the effects department, for instance?

Read the faq: Axe-Fx II FAQ - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Will it be possible to use MIDI controls in the software used for dry signaling via USB? The foot switches and expression pedal on the POD X3 Live for example can't be used in POD Farm 2, at least not as far as I know.

Thank you.

This won't fit on the Axe-fx II. It won't load the reverb and give extreme cpu use when the multiband is added. However, if you take out one of the cabs and change the other cab to stereo, it fits at 78% utilization. cabs take up ~17% utilization. Reverb takes up ~7% according to the utility page.

I would like to see a list with utilization for all available modules.

Would it be possible in the future to have the TigerSHARC's share the load for everything? So if you wanted, for instance, 3 amps/cabs with minimal effects it would be possible?

I would like to see a list with utilization for all available modules.
Patience.. IIRC - it took over 2 YEARS for that first accurate measurements on the Standard and Ultra to appear.. You'll probably have to wait until someone has bought their Axe II , got over the "honeymoon" period (playing it for days on end) and found some time to dig in and measure the utilization. :)

axe 2 presets uniquely designed?

I apologize if this is elsewhere, I promise I have read every single faq, sheet, website, and literally every post, but I fail to remember and curious:

Since I know presets on ultra wont transpose to the 2, but I vaguely in my clouded brain of excitement and web threads recall presets may have been ported? what gives?

So again I ask, are the presets in the axe 2 completely redesigned and unique to the axe 2, including use of the new redwirez and ownhammers now intrinsic. thanks you, I will hang up and take my answer off the air.

I apologize if this is elsewhere, I promise I have read every single faq, sheet, website, and literally every post, but I fail to remember and curious:

Since I know presets on ultra wont transpose to the 2, but I vaguely in my clouded brain of excitement and web threads recall presets may have been ported? what gives?

So again I ask, are the presets in the axe 2 completely redesigned and unique to the axe 2, including use of the new redwirez and ownhammers now intrinsic. thanks you, I will hang up and take my answer off the air.

I'm sure it's been said a couple of times that the presets have been ported over from the AxeFX I. to me this means that they have been recreated on the same theme but dialled in using the AxeFX II's new tones.

What about Linux support?

Now that linux supports USB Audio Class 2.0 out of the box (as opposed to windows), will it be supported? That would be the killer feature that would make upgrade my axefx right away!

I've read the Wiki, but it didn't answer all my questions.. It actually raised some new ones also; for instance the Q "Are all amp parameters assignable to MIDI controllers". A: "No. Cliff stated it now has the ability to do that for all parameters so maybe down the road". But in another thread Cliff (?) answers: "ANY parameter can be controlled now if I allow it." So what does this mean..?

What about Linux support?

Now that linux supports USB Audio Class 2.0 out of the box (as opposed to windows), will it be supported? That would be the killer feature that would make upgrade my axefx right away!

huge +1! I'm a linux user too. I would really like to have a native linux version.

I've read the Wiki, but it didn't answer all my questions.. It actually raised some new ones also; for instance the Q "Are all amp parameters assignable to MIDI controllers". A: "No. Cliff stated it now has the ability to do that for all parameters so maybe down the road". But in another thread Cliff (?) answers: "ANY parameter can be controlled now if I allow it." So what does this mean..?

I think it means that technically all params are assignable but it is not the case currently. It's a matter of firmware update/enhancement

Looked for an answer to this and I couldn't find one (and it is probably mostly irrelevant) but is there a way to access the power that is available to the ethernet for an MFC on the 7pin midi instead/as well? And as an aside to that question could you have two controllers hooked up to the AXE II, one to the ethernet and one to the midi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom