Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find. At the moment I'm more interested in finding patch cables with durable connectors. Anybody tried this one or have a better suggestion?
Snagless Patch Cable
Same Cable, Better Price

A while back I was doing some research for a more flexible cat5 and discovered that there is stranded cat5 wire (google "stranded cat5") that is about as flexible as a gtr cable. The stranded cable takes a different type of RJ45 connector due to the wire being stranded.

A while back I was doing some research for a more flexible cat5 and discovered that there is stranded cat5 wire (google "stranded cat5") that is about as flexible as a gtr cable. The stranded cable takes a different type of RJ45 connector due to the wire being stranded.
+1. Stranded is the way to go for patch cord. Solid wire is for building installations.

With the Axe II will we be able to update the firmware of the MFC using the USB connection or a midi interface is still needed to do that?
Thanks

guitarnet70 said:
With the Axe II will we be able to update the firmware of the MFC using the USB connection or a midi interface is still needed to do that?
Thanks

Cliff said "Should do"... Guess he has not done extensive testing...but clearly it is something that would make a lot of sense.

That's an excellent question.

I´m just speculating, but could it be to maintain the 1024 points for both left and right side when using the cab block in stereo mode, instead of having to use 2 cab blocks to get 1024 points to both sides? That way you´re able to have dual amp chains, both with stereo cabs in the 1024 points resolution.

Question around Delays.....

1. Do the Tape Delays "model" the pre amp too?? .... or do you have to put the Tape Dist block infront to get the vibe??
2. SDD-3000 pre-amp model? seen this mentioned before, but it all went quiet.
3. MIDI Clock source - Can the Axe-FX II act as a MIDI source for MIDI Clock for other devices?

Induction?

Hi Cliff,
From my understanding part of the magic that occurs with certain amps is related
to induction factors based on layout of the circuits and where wires run. These can create phantom circuits which can affect tone. Is there a way to mimic this in the digital realm?

Question around Delays.....

1. Do the Tape Delays "model" the pre amp too?? .... or do you have to put the Tape Dist block infront to get the vibe??
2. SDD-3000 pre-amp model? seen this mentioned before, but it all went quiet.
3. MIDI Clock source - Can the Axe-FX II act as a MIDI source for MIDI Clock for other devices?

1. Yes
2. No
3. No

It's been mentioned that there are RedWirez and OwnHammer IR's included in the Ax2 ....

But I thought those IR's include the 'Mic' response ? Were they reverse engineered to remove the 'Mic' effect ?

It's been mentioned that there are RedWirez and OwnHammer IR's included in the Ax2 ....

But I thought those IR's include the 'Mic' response ? Were they reverse engineered to remove the 'Mic' effect ?

The Redwirez, Ownhammer and JayMitchell IR's are just the IR of the speaker cabs. You can choose the MIC type in the axe-fx II.

You get 50 user slots now to upload your own IR's!

The stock cabs in the current Standard/Ultra also contain a mic, even when selecting None. It's the neutral mic that had to be used to capture the IRs (close-mic'd).

I guess its the same with RW and OH. They're probably supplying TC30 IRs, which is a neutral mic, which can be used with other mic sims. Just a guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom