Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a list of the stock cabs in the FXII been posted anywhere yet? I haven't found it.

Question myself if a patch like this would work on the Axe-II. Would be appreciated if one of the Beta-Tester could put these blocks in the Axe-II and state the CPU % .... ( A four AMP / CAB Setup with huge pedalboard and 4 Expressions in mind ... ONE Preset for everything!)

hygk-1.jpg

Last edited:
Question myself if a patch like this would work on the Axe-II. Would be appreciated if one of the Beta-Tester could put these blocks in the ultra and state the CPU % .... ( A four AMP / CAB Setup with huge pedalboard and 4 Expressions in mind ... ONE Preset for everything!)

hygk-1.jpg

Nice! That's also my approach: I see the Axe-Fx as a Huge Pedalboard.
Well Sean, tell us, how much CPU?

I don't really get why you would need all these blocks to be there all the time? If the MkII can't handle such a preset power and memory wise, you could always make that patch a template (copy it to as many banks as you need different tones) and then shunt the blocks you don't need for a particular sound. Then just use the usual MIDI capabilities for switching between different presets.

BUT, I'd also like an answer to your question being among those who often come to a situation where the power ans memory are lacking... for one sound. So, even if for different purposes, my question would be somewhat the same : how many blocks can the MkII handle simultaneously? I'm guessing it should be a few more than the Ultra, since the fx and system get their own DSP but what do I know...

Thanks!

Two things...

a) Redwirez IR's always sounds better/more-real at their native length through the DAW's Convolution Reverb than truncated through the Axe Ultra, so for many folks some room reflections add realism. Can that be simulated successfully with a shorter IR and a room sim/rev, most assuredly (looking forward to the new Cab Block).

b) For those who build their own tube amps, what additional components have been made available with the Axe II (cathode resistors and bypass caps, plate resistors, coupling caps, bright cap still, tone stack components, tube type etc)?

Thanks, Axe II looks GREAT!

Last edited:
Two things...

a) Redwirez IR's always sounds better/more-real at their native length through the DAW's Convolution Reverb than truncated through the Axe Ultra, so for many folks some room reflections add realism. Can that be simulated successfully with a shorter IR and a room sim/rev, most assuredly (looking forward to the new Cab Block).

b) For those who build their own tube amps, what additional components have been made available with the Axe II (cathode resistors and bypass caps, plate resistors, coupling caps, bright cap still, tone stack components, tube type etc?

Thanks, Axe II looks GREAT!

The room sim is a great addition. It sounds very natural. If you max out the settings it gets almost into slapback territory.

Question myself if a patch like this would work on the Axe-II. Would be appreciated if one of the Beta-Tester could put these blocks in the Axe-II and state the CPU % .... ( A four AMP / CAB Setup with huge pedalboard and 4 Expressions in mind ... ONE Preset for everything!)

hygk-1.jpg

Problem here would be having enough IA's.
We also need more assigned IA switches for the X/Y thing. Hmmm.

hygk-1.jpg

Total up what this patch takes on the ultra, subtract the CPU cost for the amps and add 4. I believe the CPU% on the II is just the % of the effects DSP used, with amps now only taking up 2% each for overhead. This won't be exact, since new algorithms for effects may not take the same utilization as on the Ultra, but should be reasonably close.

Problem here would be having enough IA's.
We also need more assigned IA switches for the X/Y thing. Hmmm.

I also really want to know, if capacity for routing (12x4 Matrix) is enough, when Axe-II CPU capacity is driven hard because of many blocks.

I did not have the Ultra, ... so ..... on Axe-Edit it shows me 144% (minus the two amp blocks, it`s 102%). So i guess, as many users said that the axe-edit shows a bit to much CPU for the Ultra (and in my experience ca 10% less of the Standard) and by thinking of the 2 x2% (?!) for overhead ... and new, more CPU cost intensive algorithms i think the patch a load up could show up the limits?

I really dig the idea to create artist-rigs ... ONE Preset = ONE ARTIST RIG :)

With the X/Y function you can have two drives with only one bloc, two amps with only one bloc, etc...it makes your preset more simple.

hygk-1.jpg

This won't fit on the Axe-fx II. It won't load the reverb and give extreme cpu use when the multiband is added. However, if you take out one of the cabs and change the other cab to stereo, it fits at 78% utilization. cabs take up ~17% utilization. Reverb takes up ~7% according to the utility page.

Last edited:
With the X/Y function you can have two drives with only one bloc, two amps with only one bloc, etc...it makes your preset more simple.

2 amp blocks or 1 doesn't matter they use about the same cpu since one DSP is dedicated to amp block processing.

This won't fit on the Axe-fx II. It won't load the reverb and give extreme cpu use when the multiband is added. However, if you take out one of the cabs and change the other cab to stereo, it fits at 78% utilization. cabs take up ~17% utilization. Reverb takes up ~7% according to the utility page.

Thanks Java ... but on the AXE-II ??? 4 Amps (two sim.) / 4 Cabs (two sim.) ... the patch above ... would it work on the Axe-II ????

i know that, .... now i want to know, if i went into limitations with the axe-II , if i can select from 4 drives, delay, etc .... big pedalboard in mind .... having a shimmer, talkbox ... etc ...

Last edited:
As I said in the post, it won't. You have to take out 1 cab block or the equivalent.

ahhh, ok Sean, thanks! misunderstood you, thougt you talking about the ultra, not the Axe-II .... well, i think .... we can live with that *gggg ..... niiiice .....

Hi to all of you,
I'm quite new with it. I don't have too much information about the Axe Fx.
In case you didn't understand me correctly, I haven't bought the Axe Fx already, I'm just researching for it,
and I think you are the best people to ask them these questions.

1 ) First of all, how do people listen to them?
Do Fractal Audio have a store or something that the customers can listen to your products?

2) The second question I want to ask is how have people bought the Axe Fx so far?
They've just bought it from the internet ?

3) I have been thinking seriously for a while about buying the Axe Fx,
and yesterday my parents informed me that we are going to fly to United States in August 12th.
What it means for me, that the Axe Fx's cost will be a lot cheaper.
So how can I buy the Axe Fx II ?
I will be In New York,New York, Manhattan for 10 days.

4 ) There is a chance that The Axe Fx II will be available in August 12th - August 22nd ?

If you can tell me the whole information about payments options, warranty, how can I listen to it,
and how can you send me it when I will be in New York, I will be thankfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom