Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

Below is a link to a preset featuring the Scene Controllers.

It has a Pitch block set to Fixed Harmony.
Voice 1 is attached to Scene Controller 1, with Min and Max set in the modifier menu (5 and 7).
Voice 2 is attached to Scene Controller 2, with Min and Max set in the modifier menu (-3 and -5).
In Control Scenes I've set to Scene Controllers to either 0% or 100%, for scene 1 and 2.
Resulting in:
- Scene 1 adding a 7th (high and low)
- Scene 2 adding a 3rd (high and low).

By adjusting Min and Max, and playing around with the Scene Controller percentages, I could get crazy and get lots of different harmonic voicings in scenes 3 to 8.

It takes some getting used to but the concept and advantages are great.

http://members.ziggo.nl/alexandervanengelen/Add7_Add5_-yek.syx
I'm at work since V12 has been released so I can't test anything, but I'm already picturing one big application for that : assigning different synth notes to each scene.
some months ago I did a test using two pitch shift blocks to transpose the synth : Axe fx II - Synth 10 chords test - YouTube
I assume that now, it will be possible to transpose synth voices using the scenes controllers. Much more versatile, and better sounding, than using a pitch block. Basically, that would be like having eight backing chords at our feet. Can't wait to try the AtmoSynth preset, which up to now had two chords, with eight !

quick question of the scene controllers - I am still a bit confused over what this does. Am i right in thinking that for a complex song which has different delay timings during different parts of a song i can use scene control to change the delay time on each scene. For example i have a U2 patch with a few scenes for a complex delay song which has 2 delays which at the middle of the song change their time value, currently i have to use x/y states to save the delay times at each scene. So with this new firmware is it simply a case of uisng the patch and then being able to save an independant delay time on each seperate scene.

also if i update to 12 will my current presets be wiped out.

Wow, I'm so grateful for the continued upgrading of this box which is simply the bestest black box of guitar goodness ever!!!!

quick question of the scene controllers - I am still a bit confused over what this does. Am i right in thinking that for a complex song which has different delay timings during different parts of a song i can use scene control to change the delay time on each scene. For example i have a U2 patch with a few scenes for a complex delay song which has 2 delays which at the middle of the song change their time value, currently i have to use x/y states to save the delay times at each scene. So with this new firmware is it simply a case of uisng the patch and then being able to save an independant delay time on each seperate scene.

Yes. You got it. ;)

Another idea. 8 different tremolo speeds, all in relation to the tempo. Alternating at random between the scenes could produce some mindblowing rhythmic effects

Sounds great! Can the "scene controller" be applied to amp gain? I like using the same amp model but would like to be able to have differing gain levels per scene.
Thanks!!
Brett.

Me too! Easy example:
First Controller attached to "drive", the second attached to "Master" or "level" and you`re be able to recall up to 8 different Gain settings with same Level-Output on 8 SCENES with one Amp (AMP1 X for example).

Can`t wait to check this out! BIG TIME!

Me too! Easy example:
First Controller attached to "drive", the second attached to "Master" or "level" and you`re be able to recall up to 8 different Gain settings with same Level-Output on 8 SCENES with one Amp (AMP1 X for example).

Can`t wait to check this out! BIG TIME!

Actually you would not need to attach a controller to Level, you can control Scene Levels individually already.

Scene controllers must be the biggest useability update in a long time. Love this kind of stuff. I wish for more focus on these kind of things.

Absolutely! The biggest thing since introducing SCENES in FW9. Would love to see some more of these "Scene Controllers" and some more Parameters, which can be attached to, like the Bass knob in the Amp Block ;) But i think there are good reasons why this could be very difficult to realize:

Instead of transfering only little CC and PC data streams, i think, the Scene controllers "trigger" excluive sysex data. The more of this kind of data (much more bytes, than CC / PC i believe) has to be managed, the more i imagine could result in "drop outs" "gap" "sizzling noises" issues. Don`t know, but could imagine. Comparable with remote the Axe-Fx with the OLD Axe-Edit Paradigm (V. 1.0X). So, NOT usable fo live circumstances. But Cliff seems to found out the trick to realize it at least for two controls ... I am so happy about that!

Furthermore i think this is also the reason, why SCENE Controllers will not be handled like CC & PC stuff (sync. MFC + remoted by MFC via MIDI).

Technical i could be completely wrong (?!), nevertheless: That said, i been SO THANKFUL, that Cliff did make it possible what he DID HAVE DONE in FW12 !!!! AWESOME!

Actually you would not need to attach a controller to Level, you can control Scene Levels individually already.

Sure, but you missed the "drive" part ;) And i won`t do it by Expression Pedal! And i want to have defined recallable gain-settings . Now - we`ve got it! Could save me a Amp Block ... ;) Or X/Y switching ... Or have more than "4 Amp Channels" in one Preset ;)

also if i update to 12 will my current presets be wiped out.

You would not set the delay time straight up, but instead attach a controller, which is 0 in one scene, and 100 in other. Then, in the controller parameters, set it so that the min and max values correspond to the delay times you want to have.

Back
Top Bottom