Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

I've been very busy with many things and apologize if your pet amp/pedal/wish didn't make it into this firmware.

Axe-Edit support to follow shortly.

Dude, what the hell are you apologising for?? ;) :D

You're tempting me to buy another Axe FX hee in New Zealand before my one at home gets here. :D

No tweaking should be necessary. It will just sound and feel better.

And it fucking does!!

I loaded it up, didn't change a thing, and BAM. Liquid and vermillion. The tone is quite concentrated - at least with my Dizzy 4 patch and MV at 5! Plus, dynamics at high gain.

Wondered whether my loopy thread had some influence on Cliff doing up the power amp modeling modes.....I tried the others....don't want 'em. Make mine DEFAULT.

Thanks Cliff and all FAS team, that’s a nice way to start a morning hear in the middle east :)

Added two “Scene Controllers”. These controllers have a constant value that is programmable per scene. The controllers are accessed via the Control->Scene menu. These controllers can be used to control a parameter such that it has a different value in each scene. For example, Scene Controller 1 might have a Scene 1 value of 10% and a Scene 2 value of 20%. This controller can be attached to Reverb Mix, for example, which would give a higher Reverb mix in the second scene compared to the first scene.

“Scene Controllers” sounds like the exact feature I was missing couple of days ago when I needed to program a patch with different delay speed in each scene.
I'm not upgrading yet as I need the axe manage to be in the AE so I'm waiting and still with v10.
So, does the “Scene Controllers”. Can control 2 different delay speed in 2 scenes ?

Added “ODS-100 Lead 3” amp model based off a non-HRM Dumble with the Preamp Bypass switch off.

Finally :eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness: Yupppiiieee!!!

Thank you FAS!!!!

PS: I like my avatar - but I'll also like the new firmware ;)

Scoobeedoobeedooooo!!!!
Ok ppl... now we need a Nobel for Guitar Tone Sculpting... and the Nobel goes to... FAS!!!!
AxeFxII is The Ultimate Medicine for G.A.S.!!! With the AxeFxII you can feel like you are in the shop... forever!!!
Way better than the electronic cigarettes!!! :encouragement:

Cliff: How did you know, that today is my 30th birthday? Well, thanks for the present. :D

Thank you Cliff!
One question on the new Modeling mode: if you want to keep it exactly the same how it was in 11.05 do you have to make adjustments to any of these 5 parameters? or is set by default in the '11.05 mode'? Bit confused here.

Another great release. I particularly like:

Scene Controllers
These enable us to use just a single effect (block), and still get 8 variations of it, one per scene. We're no longer required /restricted to using X/Y, two blocks (more CPU), or other difficult tricks.
I think we're going to see some clever tricks with these.

“4-knob” Butler Tube Driver
Does sound better than the 3-knob version. Works great on clean tones. Thick, chewy.

Improved Amp block phase-inverter-to-power-tube-grid interaction modeling which improves transient response resulting in faster attack
Maybe it's just my imagination / placebo, but I do feel faster reponse.

“Wrecker 2” amp model based on a Trainwreck Express
I love this model. I remember that on the Ultra I preferred the Trainwreck over the Plexi. And that same feeling comes back to me with this model.
It's just thicker, more low mids, more vintage growl, more impact, more thump.

Tremolo block now resets LFO when bypassed so that LFO starts at 90 degrees when effect is engaged
Simple but very important.

Added Scene indication to main Layout page
Yes! No more waiting for scrolling display.

Fixed corrupted user cabinet data can cause erratic behaviour. AND: Fixed corrupted MIDI streams can cause crash.
Very important. Hopefully these fixes solve issues some people have been experiencing.

Thank you Cliff!
One question on the new Modeling mode: if you want to keep it exactly the same how it was in 11.05 do you have to make adjustments to any of these 5 parameters? or is set by default in the '11.05 mode'? Bit confused here.

The Mode parameter in the Global menu applies to power amp modeling only.
If you want everything the same as in v11, set this to 11 Mode.
And keep the Modeling Mode in the Amp's Advanced parameters at Authentic.

The Mode parameter in the Global menu applies to power amp modeling only.
If you want everything the same as in v11, set this to 11 Mode.
And keep the Modeling Mode in the Amp's Advanced parameters at Authentic.

ok, thanks! so no adjustments necessary now for my FW 11 presets. That's nice...

Also happy with the new Butler 4 knob. Didn't check it out yet.

Back
Top Bottom