• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

This Box is called Two-Notes Torpedo VB101, but i doubt it will sound more accuratethan wat we have still now. I A/Bed a simultaneous recording from a miced Cab with the IR of that miced Cab and remember you stated hearing appreciable differences. For me, differences were indistinguishable. With this expertise for myself i can only repeat: to me, the Cab Block is absolutely not a weak point. It represent the reality very very well. HiRes will improve the accuracy in the low end maybe a bit better, but i bet it will not be night and day, how could it, if it`s right now so damn accurate?! IMHO.

I've had the opportunity to record with the FX2 -> real cab -> real mic -> DAW.
Then create an IR (using the FX2) of the real cab -> real mic using the same hardware.
Then record FX2 ->created IR.

It sounds quite similar. But the real cab -> real mic recording was sounding more alive and more open to me.
So it is certainly very good but there is still a bit to improve :)

Scene controllers!? I didn't even know this was a possibility! I can't wait to use this feature! Come on weekend, get here quick!

Very nice update Cliff. I hear alot more clarity when swtitching from FW 11 to12 in the Global menu. Also, the FAS Drive is killer. It has replaced my TS808 OD.

Back
Top Bottom