AXE 3 as a plugin - best thing for the environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated above, Fractal has said it won’t happen. They’re extremely smart developers and are well aware of how the technology works and its limitations.

If you feel they’re missing some important information that would revolutionize their products, then the best solution is to write a detailed description of how to accomplish it and send it directly to them, avoiding the snooping eyes of their competition on a forum.
Who from fractal said that?

I mean jeez. The revenue source is the hardware only. With a software model you could have multiple tier subscription model. Make all that amazing firmware dev a monetization play. A fractal sdk for third party software developers to integrate onto the platform. A SaaS model for for mastering like slate. It’s endless the money that could be made. The market is consolidating either lead or chase.
Who said that Fractal's main focus is money?

I do most of my editing on the front panel, it's fine. There are some things where computer is better or even required, but not for the vast majority of edits.
Unless your playing guitar to chase tone which is cool. Or actually making music and competing with the hip/hop stuff - having a workflow that publishes music with guitar is where it’s at. Or the future of music with guitar is dim

I'd so much rather bring a Fractal device to a jam than a computer and an interface. No contest, at all.

And with a computer you'd need to cobble together some footswitch solution too.

I've tried numerous plugin amp modelers and nothing sounds as good or even comes close to what I can do with the Axe.

However, I do like the ability to open a recording project and have the ability to recall and adjust every parameter right in front of me. Axe-Edit works well for me in that regard and having recently learned of Green Oak's AxeCapture plugin I'm very happy.

Also, the questionable premise of 'better for the environment' aside, I would think that the support for software would increase dramatically.

There would be countless combinations of hardware, plugin formats, computer platforms, all running on a multitude of versions of OS. At that point FAS would be captive to changes outside of their control that could break compatibility.

Edit: I forgot to mention the issue of software latency. Playback has plugin compensation but give me hardware any day when it come to tracking.

Last edited:
Secret sauce on the input stage is a thing. So not a 1:1 experience unless you did involve the hardware somehow.
Never mind the secret sauce, there's also the changing input impedance based on the blocks being used early in the chain.

Or is that the secret you meant?

Reactions: JTI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom