Any updates about G3fication of the remaining amps?

True enough Chris, but it doesn't mean that I have no right to express what I feel about waiting for my favourite amps fully G3'd last... and above all - to ask about update status. That's what forum is for.

Asking politely for clarification on a wait time is never a problem. But insinuating that FAS doesn't finish what it starts was uncalled for, and resulted in you coming off in a bad way.

Jeez, this has got to be one of the clearest examples ever of "you can't please 'em all." Wowza.
Cooper - in case of the gear that offers about 200 amp models but 25% of them are not upgraded to next generation modeling technology there ALWAYS be users not completely pleased AT THIS MOMENT, so why so surprised? Seems like you forgot completely all those forum folks expressing their impatience about IIC+ not G3'd yet. It was not so long time ago. My primary tones are based on Brit Pre which at this moment is pretty different from it's reference model, so again - why so surprised by my questions?

If the Brit Pre was one of the first G3'd models and (for example) IIC+ one of the last, I would be happy and other people for whom IIC+ is the most important amp model - not quite. Would you understand them?

I think you need to learn to manage your expectations a bit better. Take a look at the credits on the Axe-FX. This isn't a thousand employee operation where you can throw a hundred people with 100% focus at G3'ing amps.

This is a small crew improving their core product, they just released a new product ( FX8 ) and have another in the pipe ( AX8 ). They also spend a lot of time providing world class customer service.

Don't sweat the G3 stuff. Play with what's there. Go outside. Kiss a girl.

OP has a point.

If most of you'd stop being "reactive" because someone has the balls to be blunt, I think it would go a long way to prevent a lot of the toxic crap happening here lately. EVERYONE has an opinion.... welcome to life.

anyways....

I thought the same thing when Beta 19 was put out... I thought, wow all the amps are done already... then I read it's all about drive blocks. Just seemed like a curve ball when the focus was the G3'ing of amps. Now I also see the FX8 beta firmware in the news. Just makes you ask yourself what is the priority, and lets say I have something important coming up and want to know if my go to amp is going to be G3'd in time.

I personally don't care as I'm sticking with 17.... unless Cliff adds more scene controllers or other modifier controllers.

But seriously, if you don't have anything nice to say, or can't add to a discussion, do the forum a favor and resist the urge to reply. It really is that simple.

Agreed. I wouldn't have posted what the OP posted, or at least not phrased it that way. But I don't know that the entire forum membership needs to berate the guy. After a dozen different members saying the same thing, another person saying it does more harm than good.

The OP is from Poland. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that English is not his native tongue nor is American his native culture. So consider that when you read his message. Then go read all the replies again. Just how many of you does it take to give the guy the same grief? And calling him a jerk and telling him to go sell his Axe and switch to Bias - what kind of bullshit is that? Geez - someone's mom needs to take away their internet access for a week.

The dude asked a question that didn't strike me as being massively out of line - but as I was reading it I knew what the responses would be. Y'all gotta lighten up a bit. It's not like he ran into the room naked screaming "All hail the mighty Kemper!"

It's on the to-do list. There's only so many hours in a day.
Thanks Cliff, I'm sure it is and never doubted that. Could you please just specify - do you have an actual reference JMP-1 and it's just waiting for G3fication or do you still looking for it (AFAIR JMP-1 was on the list of gear that you didn't own anymore)? That could be useful hint about waiting time ;)

Mine don't but that doesn't change the fact that I wish they were G3'd. It's a fair expectation. Did your tones on FW17 sound bad?

Nope they didn't sound bad. I didn't request any further improvement of anything, yet it happened without any asking or effort in my part.

I used the Herbie which wasn't G3'd at first and I continued to use the Herbie, as it sounded great, but also took the opportunity to try the Tucana, which is now my favorite amp. I also continue to use the Concert amp which isn't G3'd yet, and it sounds great as it always did. I haven't asked for the Concert to be G3'd because I know one day it will be updated. So there really is no point to asking.

When I do my live video streams, people ask me about the presets they hear and are surprised that I use amps that aren't G3'd and they still sound great.

Honestly, there are 217 amps. 176 are G3'd. That's more like 19%, not 25% :) Try a different amp if you really want something that is G3'd. Asking for one to be G3'd isn't going to change a thing. If the Brit Pre doesn't sound like your real Brit pre, there is no guarantee that the G3 process will make it sound like your real Brit pre. You're really just setting yourself up for disappointment. And as it's been said since day one of G3, ALL amps already benefit and sound better. The competed ones are just re-calibrated (though I'm not trying to make that process seem trivial either).

Here is my list of the latest G3'd amps. Seriously, try another amp. Many are similar and one you don't expect might give exactly what you're looking for.

http://axefxtutorials.com/2015/04/list-of-g3d-amps/

OK, so let me get this straight...

In your opinion, you're worried Cliff is taking on way to much work, and that he won't have time to finish all of this work, so he should take time away from that work long enough to give you an ETA on when he's going to finish all of this work?

Well, I would guess the ETA is a little more time than it would have been had he not had to post an answer to this thread. lol

Seriously, though, funniest thread ever. There's no such thing as a dumb question, however comically ironic questions totally exist.

I've been in Cliffs shoes before, so I can sympathize. Without fail, when having a shit ton of work that, because of the nature of the work, is impossible to get an eta on, I'd be constantly barraged with questions about when I'd be done. The fact of the matter is that these type of questions don't really help anyone, and never really have any satisfactory answers. Cliff probably doesn't really know when he'll be done, especially since he doesn't have much, if any control over how long it will take to get ahold of many of the amps that have still yet to be G3ed, then, as Cliff said it still takes time to actually G3 the amps. So even if he happened upon every amp he needs to finish the G3ing process, it will still take time.

I've never demanded an ETA from FAS, didn't even mentioned it. Just try to understand what you are reading, it helps a lot in everyday life :)

I've never demanded an ETA from FAS, didn't even mentioned it. Just try to understand what you are reading...
You hinted to get a hint, which is about the same thing to me...

That could be useful hint about waiting time

Try to understand what you are writing... ;)

--

Also, to people in general, let's see how organized *you* are, esp. if you would do programming.
Most would jump from one thing to the next and totally lose track.
In part it's even necessary to keep the fun into it.
Who wants to G3 amps for 3 months? For all we know, it may be among the 3 most boring jobs he's ever had to do.

I've never demanded an ETA from FAS, didn't even mentioned it. Just try to understand what you are reading, it helps a lot in everyday life :)

I never said anything about "demanding" anything anywhere either, I simply stated that your question "So... any updates?" was counter productive to the answer you desire.

You may not feel you are making any kind of demands, but if you didn't expect an answer of some sort, then why did you even ask?

Back
Top Bottom