Any gamer's here Xbox One Or PS4?

Hi i found and bought an xbox one on ebay for 500 no tax included.i did the reseach and got the guy to email me the physical and digital receipt.i called the store which was in colorado and got them confirm it that it was real.the only that's puzzling to me is that he put a 50 dollar deposit down to reserve the console(not my money his) which make is making think how in the world is he making money off this?
this is basically him paying tax for me on the xbox one?
has anybody encountered something like this before(buying an item that isn't out yet for the exact price(500) with no tax). did you wonder how are they making off it?

I went to the Microsoft store and paid via PayPal. 499+tax. I would think he has to be a MS retailer to make his cut from that?

Lots of 3rd hand news and speculation going on in this thread before anyone has even owned one or the other. Ahhh the internet.

This article seems to refute the above Kinnect assumptions.

Xbox One's Kinect Can Turn Off, Microsoft Says, Noting Privacy Worries

Just as with all the rumors and innuendo with the KPA and Axe I imagine when the dust settles there will be many who own one or the other and quite a few who own both depending on their preferences and/or needs. They are just gaming consoles for gosh sakes and not windows into your souls. :)

You may want to look up the fact that you can also turn off a video cam for a computer....yet hackers figured out a way to turn it back on even when the computer was powered down!

So don't give me "there is nothing to worry about with kinnect", because there certianly IS! Now Microsoft will probably have a way to turn it off, but it's the thought of hackers.... not Microsoft turning it back on that bothers me.

I like Sony's way of doing the cam thing...you can choose to buy it or not, it is up to you.

And a KPA or axe fx as far as I know do not have any cameras that can be used to spy on you. At least, as far as I know.

You also seem to completely ignore the poll amazon did with people planning on buying an xbox one or PS4 and they took it down 7 days early. Why? Because the xbox was getting demolished in the poll.

You guys can buy an xbox one all you want, but you cannot say you have not been warned. At the very least, Microsoft has come out and told you what the restrictions are...restrictions to me that are TOO MUCH.

Last edited:
I went to the Microsoft store and paid via PayPal. 499+tax. I would think he has to be a MS retailer to make his cut from that?

This is the reply i got from him. didn't make sense to me does it to anybody?
I Should add that he asked for me 50 dollar deposit.he gave me the option to decline though.

{I was trying to get some money back since I preordered four of each system and each deposit cost different amounts of money depending on the place that took the preorder. In short, it was to reimburse me a bit even though I will be selling one system for a loss}

You may want to look up the fact that you can also turn off a video cam for a computer....yet hackers figured out a way to turn it back on even when the computer was powered down!

So don't give me "there is nothing to worry about with kinnect", because there certianly IS! Now Microsoft will probably have a way to turn it off, but it's the thought of hackers.... not Microsoft turning it back on that bothers me.

I like Sony's way of doing the cam thing...you can choose to buy it or not, it is up to you.

And a KPA or axe fx as far as I know do not have any cameras that can be used to spy on you. At least, as far as I know.

You also seem to completely ignore the poll amazon did with people planning on buying an xbox one or PS4 and they took it down 7 days early. Why? Because the xbox was getting demolished in the poll.

You guys can buy an xbox one all you want, but you cannot say you have not been warned. At the very least, Microsoft has come out and told you what the restrictions are...restrictions to me that are TOO MUCH.

I don't know where to start :)

• First I would ask that you not quote me (bolded in your post above) with words that I never used. Those are your words not mine.
  • Secondly, I am not the paranoid type to worry about hackers. I leave my current all-use PC on 24/7. It and my Xbox are both connected to the internet 24/7. I have a separate PC I use for critical data that has no external connections as that is the only way to insure security.
  • Last and certainly not least I couldn't care any less about what some Amazon (or any other) poll says regarding how others are planning their purchases for and not entirely the following reasons:
    • I am intelligent enough to research and make my purchasing decisions based on factual data and my own personal needs as opposed to others.
    • I am secure enough with my decision making process and subsequent purchases to not get emotional or upset if others have chosen differently.
    • The validity of said poll.

Now with that said let me clarify by stating that I have both an Xbox 360 and PS3 today. I have used the Xbox for console gaming since they debuted the original one simply because I like the game titles offered by that system and the vast majority of my multiplayer friends have also preferred it over the Sony systems offerings over the years. We also felt the PS3 online functionality to be weak. I bought the PS3 simply because it was a cheap way to purchase a Blu-ray player.

If I was so worried (and I am not) that Kinnect could be hacked into and started up without my knowledge I would simply place something over the lens. But in reality, its not a concern for me.

I hope you are comfortable with whatever you eventually choose to purchase...

Last edited:
I don't know where to start :)

• First I would ask that you not quote me (bolded in your post above) with words that I never used. Those are your words not mine.
  • Secondly, I am not the paranoid type to worry about hackers. I leave my current all-use PC on 24/7. It and my Xbox are both connected to the internet 24/7. I have a separate PC I use for critical data that has no external connections as that is the only way to insure security.
  • Last and certainly not least I couldn't care any less about what some Amazon (or any other) poll says regarding how others are planning their purchases for and not entirely the following reasons:
    • I am intelligent enough to research and make my purchasing decisions based on factual data and my own personal needs as opposed to others.
    • I am secure enough with my decision making process and subsequent purchases to not get emotional or upset if others have chosen differently.
    • The validity of said poll.

Now with that said let me clarify by stating that I have both an Xbox 360 and PS3 today. I have used the Xbox for console gaming since they debuted the original one simply because I like the game titles offered by that system and the vast majority of my multiplayer friends have also preferred it over the Sony systems offerings over the years. We also felt the PS3 online functionality to be weak. I bought the PS3 simply because it was a cheap way to purchase a Blu-ray player.

If I was so worried (and I am not) that Kinnect could be hacked into and started up without my knowledge I would simply place something over the lens. But in reality, its not a concern for me.

I hope you are comfortable with whatever you eventually choose to purchase...

In the first place lets get this straight, you acted like there were no worries with kinnect! I think you are wrong! Dead Wrong! And I was addressing your overall view rather than your words. And I DID NOT QUOTE YOU AT ALL! Are you ignorant enough to think that because I used quotation marks I was directly quoting you? I think I can use quotation marks when I want to and I was addressing your tone, not your words...but your tone was basically the same thing!

Secondly, you can leave your computer on for as long as you like, I don't care what you do! I was making the point that KINNECT CAN BE HACKED! You don't want to believe that then that is your problem not mine.

Third, I could not care less WHAT you think of that poll...I put it up there for everyone to see and if you think that it is not important what normal people think about buying an xbox one, then fine. But there are others here who may be!

And as far as to what you buy? I could also care less.

My post was for more people than just YOU.

Last edited:
In the first place lets get this straight, you acted like there were no worries with kinnect! I think you are wrong! Dead Wrong!
I didn’t act in any such way. My post was commenting on how there is a lot of speculation and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] hand news floating around when nobody has either of the units in hand and not nearly all the facts. I stand by that premise of my post. I never said there were no worries nor “acted” that way. I simply linked to an article that refutes a lot of the Kinnect assumptions being tossed around and nothing more.

And I was addressing your overall view rather than your words. And I DID NOT QUOTE YOU AT ALL! Are you ignorant enough to think that because I used quotation marks I was directly quoting you? I think I can use quotation marks when I want to and I was addressing your tone, not your words...but your tone was basically the same thing!
When you make a comment like “So don't give me "there is nothing to worry about with kinnect",” I absolutely attribute that as a quote of me. You can BS all you want about “addressing a view” or my tone being “basically the same thing” but it changes nothing. The only ignorance here is your inability to understand grammar and the use of quotation marks. And yes you can use quotation marks when and where you want to. That in now way implies you are using them correctly. Nice try though! :)

Secondly, you can leave your computer on for as long as you like, I don't care what you do! I was making the point that KINNECT CAN BE HACKED! You don't want to believe that then that is your problem not mine.
I absolutely believe anything hooked up to external networks can be hacked. It’s common sense and I addressed that in my post. You apparently missed that portion of the paragraph.

Third, I could not care less WHAT you think of that poll...I put it up there for everyone to see and if you think that it is not important what normal people think about buying an xbox one, then fine. But there are others here who may be!
Well you may not care less but you certainly brought it up again and even asked a question about it afterwards. Go figure.

And as far as to what you buy? I could also care less.
As I clearly pointed out it doesn’t really affect me if you care or not as I don’t need your opinion or validation when purchasing a product. Thanks for pointing out that you "could" care less implying that to some degree you do care about poor little ole me. Much appreciated! :encouragement:

My post was for more people than just YOU.
While that may be true you also replied with quote to my post and even misquoted me in your reply so I in turn addressed your reply to me.

Again, whatever product you choose to purchase I hope it brings you happiness. It's all goodness that we have choices at the end of the day. Have a great evening!

I didn’t act in any such way. My post was commenting on how there is a lot of speculation and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] hand news floating around when nobody has either of the units in hand and not nearly all the facts. I stand by that premise of my post. I never said there were no worries nor “acted” that way. I simply linked to an article that refutes a lot of the Kinnect assumptions being tossed around and nothing more.

No, you WERE trying to act like there was nothing wrong with kinnect and that it must be some kind of 3rd hand news or in other words misinformation that people were getting. When in fact, there IS a way hackers can get into this. Period!

When you make a comment like “So don't give me "there is nothing to worry about with kinnect",” I absolutely attribute that as a quote of me. You can BS all you want about “addressing a view” or my tone being “basically the same thing” but it changes nothing. The only ignorance here is your inability to understand grammar and the use of quotation marks. And yes you can use quotation marks when and where you want to. That in now way implies you are using them correctly. Nice try though! :)
I will use quotation marks WHENEVER I want to. And I will NOT apologise to you for how I use them. And I could care less if you like it or not! And just for your information....your view of this whole thing which seems to come from the viewpoint of an IDIOT that there is simply nothing to worry about with kinnect or the DRM they are implimenting is as crazy as a loon.

I absolutely believe anything hooked up to external networks can be hacked. It’s common sense and I addressed that in my post. You apparently missed that portion of the paragraph.
Yet you continue to INSIST that people must be misinformed about all the things Microsoft are trying to do? Nice try yourself!

Well you may not care less but you certainly brought it up again and even asked a question about it afterwards. Go figure.

Nope now that I understand your thinking, I can simply ignore it.

As I clearly pointed out it doesn’t really affect me if you care or not as I don’t need your opinion or validation when purchasing a product. Thanks for pointing out that you "could" care less implying that to some degree you do care about poor little ole me. Much appreciated! :encouragement:

Give me a break...all you have done in this thread is TROLL!

While that may be true you also replied with quote to my post and even misquoted me in your reply so I in turn addressed your reply to me.

Again, now that In understand your way of thinking I can simply ignore it.

Again, whatever product you choose to purchase I hope it brings you happiness. It's all goodness that we have choices at the end of the day. Have a great evening!

Have a great evening yourself .

And finally if I am so wrong and YOU are so right and there is nothing wrong at all with Microsofts policies WHY THEN ARE THE REVERSING THEIR POLICY ON DRM??

Link: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-drm-reversal-cuts-features-requires-one-time-514419715?rev=1371676969

It seems you so caught up in making yourself to be right, yet some of the things I was saying were ticking off consumers are now being reversed.

And if you are going to write another book of responses to this one, save yourself the time. I will not be reading it.

The big question is if Microsoft was so right in their desicion making process and have people like you making excuses for them...why then did they reverse it?

Last edited:
Ok Kiddies, put away your toys.

We can never have a discussion about X, Y or Z without it turning into a pissing competition.

Everyone should be mindful of their tone and language and how it could be perceived. Stop attacking each other because you don't share the same opinion. We're all Fractalites here, so grow the fuck up and stop being little bitches.
pretty much. this forum is the worst i've seen for angst and aggression - about anything.

From this....

Lots of 3rd hand news and speculation going on in this thread before anyone has even owned one or the other. Ahhh the internet.

This article seems to refute the above Kinnect assumptions.

Xbox One's Kinect Can Turn Off, Microsoft Says, Noting Privacy Worries

Just as with all the rumors and innuendo with the KPA and Axe I imagine when the dust settles there will be many who own one or the other and quite a few who own both depending on their preferences and/or needs. They are just gaming consoles for gosh sakes and not windows into your souls. :)

You got all this?

No, you WERE trying to act like there was nothing wrong with kinnect and that it must be some kind of 3rd hand news or in other words misinformation that people were getting. When in fact, there IS a way hackers can get into this. Period!

I will use quotation marks WHENEVER I want to. And I will NOT apologise to you for how I use them. And I could care less if you like it or not! And just for your information....your view of this whole thing which seems to come from the viewpoint of an IDIOT that there is simply nothing to worry about with kinnect or the DRM they are implimenting is as crazy as a loon.

Yet you continue to INSIST that people must be misinformed about all the things Microsoft are trying to do? Nice try yourself!

Nope now that I understand your thinking, I can simply ignore it.

Give me a break...all you have done in this thread is TROLL!

Again, now that In understand your way of thinking I can simply ignore it.

Have a great evening yourself .

And finally if I am so wrong and YOU are so right and there is nothing wrong at all with Microsofts policies WHY THEN ARE THE REVERSING THEIR POLICY ON DRM??

Link: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-drm-reversal-cuts-features-requires-one-time-514419715?rev=1371676969

It seems you so caught up in making yourself to be right, yet some of the things I was saying were ticking off consumers are now being reversed.

And if you are going to write another book of responses to this one, save yourself the time. I will not be reading it.

The big question is if Microsoft was so right in their desicion making process and have people like you making excuses for them...why then did they reverse it?

WOW! Just WOW! Too funny. And low and behold the units are not sold yet and Microsoft has changed their stance supporting my original post even more.

Why are you so angry and bitter? I didn't insult you by calling you ignorant or an idiot. Oh wait.... that was you. I simply pointed out that not all the info is in yet and internet polls are silly with regards to making a personal purchasing decision. And putting words in my mouth really does not help your cause. Can you please show me where I "continue to INSIST that people must be misinformed about all the things Microsoft are trying to do".

Move along. If you want to have a discussion without using derogatory insults towards me then I will be more than willing to do so. My opinions may or may not agree with yours but there is no need to get upset and personal simply because I asked you to refrain from misquoting me or implying I made comments (with or without tone:)) that were completely your fabrication.

Again, I hope you make an informed decision and are happy with whatever you decide to do. I will no doubt be getting both and enjoying the best each has to offer.

You keep mentioning this, along with a webcam on a powered off pc. Do you have some kind of source?

You keep mentioning this, along with a webcam on a powered off pc. Do you have some kind of source?

Anything hooked up to an external source can potentially be hacked by clever individuals. The only way to insure 100% security is to not be connected. It's long been noted that webcams can be accessed without your knowledge. It's also long been noted that a simple cover or piece of tape solves this issue. :)

Anything hooked up to an external source can potentially be hacked by clever individuals. The only way to insure 100% security is to not be connected. It's long been noted that webcams can be accessed without your knowledge. It's also long been noted that a simple cover or piece of tape solves this issue. :)

Accessing a webcam yeah, but not on a PC which is powered down.

Also potential does not mean it has been done. He's throwing around statements like they are facts. I'm just looking for a source.

Back
Top Bottom