Any gamer's here Xbox One Or PS4?

Accessing a webcam yeah, but not on a PC which is powered down.

Also potential does not mean it has been done. He's throwing around statements like they are facts. I'm just looking for a source.

I hear ya! :encouragement:

No, you WERE trying to act like there was nothing wrong with kinnect and that it must be some kind of 3rd hand news or in other words misinformation that people were getting. When in fact, there IS a way hackers can get into this. Period!

I will use quotation marks WHENEVER I want to. And I will NOT apologise to you for how I use them. And I could care less if you like it or not! And just for your information....your view of this whole thing which seems to come from the viewpoint of an IDIOT that there is simply nothing to worry about with kinnect or the DRM they are implimenting is as crazy as a loon.

Yet you continue to INSIST that people must be misinformed about all the things Microsoft are trying to do? Nice try yourself!

Nope now that I understand your thinking, I can simply ignore it.

Give me a break...all you have done in this thread is TROLL!

Again, now that In understand your way of thinking I can simply ignore it.

Have a great evening yourself .

And finally if I am so wrong and YOU are so right and there is nothing wrong at all with Microsofts policies WHY THEN ARE THE REVERSING THEIR POLICY ON DRM??

Link: Xbox One DRM Reversal Cuts Features, Requires One-Time Connection

It seems you so caught up in making yourself to be right, yet some of the things I was saying were ticking off consumers are now being reversed.

And if you are going to write another book of responses to this one, save yourself the time. I will not be reading it.

The big question is if Microsoft was so right in their desicion making process and have people like you making excuses for them...why then did they reverse it?

Regardless of who's right or wrong, has it occurred to you that you're going mental at someone on in the internet over a gaming console? Maybe, you know... settle down a bit. While the topic certainly deserves some discussion, there's no need to go nuts at people for sharing a point of view.

Hmmmm interesting devices, but Call Of Duty on a PC with a hi-res 16x9 display and a video card that runs it at 90fps while using a gaming mouse for movement is where I like to live 8)

Hmmmm interesting devices, but Call Of Duty on a PC with a hi-res 16x9 display and a video card that runs it at 90fps while using a gaming mouse for movement is where I like to live 8)

No doubt and I agree. Quality is ridiculously better. The consoles are definitely convenient though. While I much prefer PC gaming and have a PC that is top notch many of my friends do not so for that reason we tend to end up on the Xbox.

How embarressing for micro$oft, good to see power of the people can still make change happen. I still will never buy one, I bet once they sell enough consoles they will just reintroduce all those policies again.

Looks like they had their heads stuck in the clouds..............

Last edited:
No doubt and I agree. Quality is ridiculously better. The consoles are definitely convenient though. While I much prefer PC gaming and have a PC that is top notch many of my friends do not so for that reason we tend to end up on the Xbox.

Yea, I hear you...most everyone I know has a console for the same reasons. I get taken to school when I play shooters on a console with the standard pad controllers heh...

Hey guys so it's been reported that the xbox one has 32 mb Esram. i've read that it could come close and in some cases beat the ps4 bandwith. so my question Esram help with the graphics? does EsRam make it as good GDDR5 For visuals?

Last edited:
Eh, I'm not surprised MS eased up on the DRM policies. They were catching too much bad press.

I do think integrating Kinect is a good idea. That way, developers know everyone has it and will feel more comfortable writing to take advantage of its features. PS Move will never get the kind of support that Kinect will simply because a small fraction of the owner base will buy the necessary add-on.

- Disclaimer, I have a PS4 on preorder ;-)

You may want to look up the fact that you can also turn off a video cam for a computer....yet hackers figured out a way to turn it back on even when the computer was powered down!

Yes, because I'm sure hackers in their remote volcano lair have hatched an evil plot to remotely take control of your Kinect cam ala Die Hard 4 to watch you play Skyrim in your underwear while eating Fruit Loops ;-)

Yes, because I'm sure hackers in their remote volcano lair have hatched an evil plot to remotely take control of your Kinect cam ala Die Hard 4 to watch you play Skyrim in your underwear while eating Fruit Loops ;-)

It seems silly until a cop shows up at your door with video evidence of you smoking a joint on your couch and you get 5 years in prison.

Or a sex tape of you and your wife is all over the Internet because your Xbox was in your bedroom.

Or that same instance of you eating fruit loops in your underwear ends up going viral and millions of people are labeling you as a jobless loser and obviously a leech on society based on something you did on your day off.

Privacy is important. However, I don't think the kinect would've been an issue if people didn't scream about it. The attention is likely encouraging would be hackers to do it just to prove they can.

It seems silly until a cop shows up at your door with video evidence of you smoking a joint on your couch and you get 5 years in prison.

Or a sex tape of you and your wife is all over the Internet because your Xbox was in your bedroom.

Or that same instance of you eating fruit loops in your underwear ends up going viral and millions of people are labeling you as a jobless loser and obviously a leech on society based on something you did on your day off.

Privacy is important. However, I don't think the kinect would've been an issue if people didn't scream about it. The attention is likely encouraging would be hackers to do it just to prove they can.

You're absolutely spot on mate. We live in a big brother world, where the powers that be monitor your every move. A man's home is his last safe haven and sanctuary from this horrible world in which we live. Without privacy, we all might as well leave our front doors open and walk everywhere naked.

+1! But I disagree that hackers need a reason to hack. They would have done it anyway.

Simple precautions can be taken to secure your privacy if that is your biggest worry. Again, if you are going to connect your equipment up to external networks you are susceptible to hacking. It's nothing earthshakingly new the starts or ends with Kinnect that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom