Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Re: Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR

I don't mind the fact that I would be ending up with a "tube" solution again, but I hope the tubes are protected well (i.e. shock mount). Typically speaker cabs are not looked at by loaders as fragile.

Thank you very much Tom!!! Finally the waited update. I can´t wait to hear one of them connected to one AXE- ULTRA, it is really intriguing.

Please could anyone explain me how can i get in the waiting list for the FRATOMIC??????????

AWESOME... That gives me a deadline to get back onto a higher paying union gig... or hell even something salary based. Anyone hiring???
mban1745l.jpg

Ah... finally some light on the horizon.
I´m on the list for 2 Fratomics.
Bring it on! :cool:

alga said:
Please could anyone explain me how can i get in the waiting list for the FRATOMIC??????????
Simple - just send an email to: orders@atomicamps.com and include your full name, telephone number, shipping address and mention that you'd like to get on the list for the FR.

Sorry if this has been discussed here and I missed it, but can I ask.... how will the Atomic Reactor FR compare to the QSC HPR122i?

Warrior said:
Sorry if this has been discussed here and I missed it, but can I ask.... how will the Atomic Reactor FR compare to the QSC HPR122i?

With all due respect, there are 46 pages on the Reactor FR here. As much as it sucks scanning through them, adding more posts asking questions that have been answered before just extends the thread and makes it even harder for people to find the same answer.

That said, the HPR122i is a full range PA monitor. The Reactor FR will also be full range (tweeter and woofer with a crossover). Both have flat responses - like a good hifi system or studio monitors. This means that what you put in you theoretically get out. A guitar cab on the other hand is built to have a specific tone. The beauty of a FRFR system is that you can simulate that tone or any other - it is theoretically much more flexible. The key is getting it to sound natural like the original cab with the specific tone. This depends on both the input signal (Axe-FX processing) and the amplifier/speaker combo (QSC or Reactor FR)

The Reactor FR will be lighter than the HPR122i. I believe the HPR1221 is about 60 lbs, the Reactor FR was reported to be about 40 lbs. The Reactor FR will have tubes while the HPR 122i does not. The amplifier structure of the Reactor, however, is supposed to give a ton of headroom before distortion - it is designed like a flat response tube hifi vs. a tube guitar amp which is built to hype specific frequencies and break up in a particular manner.

The shape of the Reactor FR will be a more traditional guitar cab shape vs. the QSC's monitor shape. Lastly, the Reactor FR will be specifically designed to work with the AXe-FX. What that means is open to interpretation since a flat amp/speaker is a flat amp/speaker. They may have worked on the directionality of the speakers and worked on phase issues to make the guitar "amp" interaction more traditional. I think I hit the major points.

I'm concerned about projection and dispersion, personally. I also wonder if the final price is still on target as previously quoted. I'm on the fence between the FR and 12MA.

I've been on the list for one these babies for a while now but was starting to wonder if it may be overkill for home use. I play mostly at moderate to low levels. I'm looking for something that will get the most out of the AXE but I don't need lot's of volume. Any thoughts?

paltomare said:
I've been on the list for one these babies for a while now but was starting to wonder if it may be overkill for home use. I play mostly at moderate to low levels. I'm looking for something that will get the most out of the AXE but I don't need lot's of volume. Any thoughts?
I play at low volume levels too. I got my name on the list because Tom said this on page 14 on this thread.

...The Axe-Fx does not needs tubes! It needs a great sounding, transparent amplification source. That is what we set out to deliver to our customers that delivers the goods consistently at low, med, and high volumes...

LPSWR said:
paltomare said:
I play at low volume levels too. I got my name on the list because Tom said this on page 14 on this thread.

...The Axe-Fx does not needs tubes! It needs a great sounding, transparent amplification source. That is what we set out to deliver to our customers that delivers the goods consistently at low, med, and high volumes...

Thanks for the info.

Tom King said:
we're looking at an early to mid July date.

That's great news! I guess I'd better get my tube amp (that I haven't touched for months) up on eBay to fund mine.

Tom King wrote:
"we're looking at an early to mid July date."

Tom, still on schedule with the FRFR? Do you happen to know the dimensions of the cab? Also, anyone have links to a demo? I thought there was one flying around but I can't find it. Damn, this thread is way too long :)

EDIT: Cool, found two decent vids of Tom at the NY and LA amp show. Tom, rockin out on the heavy stuff :x
The look pretty low to the floor, but sound pretty sweet -- I'm psyched for these!

Gasp100 said:
Do you happen to know the dimensions of the cab?
I was bored so...

From page 21...

mjongkamp said:
• All-tube 50 watt power section (JJ 6L6)
• True full range, flat response (FRFR)
• 12" G12 Megaton Driver
• Horn-style tweeter
• Master level control
• Tweeter level control
• Dual flared bass port
• 1/4" instrument input
• Balanced input and output
• Extension speaker output (8 Ohm)
• Weight: Approx. 40 Lbs.
• Dimension: 25 3/4"x15 7/8"x11"
• Target price – EUR 699-799 (actual price tbd)
The last point-Euro Pricing-is probably meant to be US pricing...
Tom King said:
Target price is between $699 - $799

i am just going to bump this so I can see some action on this thread.....
i really need this yesterday!! :shock: :shock: :? :? :( :(

Porkchop Xpress said:
I'm concerned about projection and dispersion, personally. I also wonder if the final price is still on target as previously quoted. I'm on the fence between the FR and 12MA.
+1... Also, has the frequency response been stated? Will it be able to work as a bass monitor?

hp/mp said:
[quote="Porkchop Xpress":1on9dm0i]I'm concerned about projection and dispersion, personally. I also wonder if the final price is still on target as previously quoted. I'm on the fence between the FR and 12MA.
+1... Also, has the frequency response been stated? Will it be able to work as a bass monitor?[/quote:1on9dm0i]
I've been playing bass through my 8" Behringer Truth studio type active monitors. Granted it was in church and there was no drummer. :D

Depends on the circumstances and your requirements. Bass usually needs much more wattage to cut through, so...

Back
Top Bottom