G3 modeling thread

Don't worry, it will be available for all versions of the Axe-Fx II.

HFL2z9caS4yGVByUTMis_New%20Year's%20Kid.gif

That's pretty amazing. Things are so good already I don't really see how much more advanced the amp modeling can get. I'm mean, it's 99% there. How much difference can 1% make???

I'm quite sure we're getting to the point of diminishing returns as far as sound quality goes, but there may be some efficiency gains to be had that would allow for more complex grids. Or, perhaps even a method to gang groups of effects into a single reusable block. For instance, you may always want a gate, compressor and reverb no matter what else you do. Make a block and name it, and you just have one thing to start with. Maybe make blocks out of amp/cab combos so you just have one thing to end with.

I would crowd fund bribe money for FAS to post release notes or a sound sample.... Hahaha!!!

Seriously though, thanks to all of you at FAS for giving us all something to be so stoked for!!!

Wow, lots of speculation. This is the state of things so far:

G3 is all-new amp modeling. There are no other changes to the firmware so the effects, routing, etc. stay the same. But the amp modeling is a complete "reboot" based on this analysis thingy I wrote that learns an amp and extracts the pertinent data.

At this point I have only ported several dozen models to G3. It's a LOT of work because it involves opening each amp and doing all the measurements and then doing the analysis matches, etc. It will be several more weeks to port the remaining models.

Does it sound drastically different? No, but it does sound better. Some amps are noticeably better especially the Plexis, Rectos, 5150s and the Trainwreck. The Rectos are very good now. They're smooth yet aggressive at the same time if that makes any sense.

Many parameters have been removed as they are not compatible. Among them: PA Lowcut, PA Hicut, Character Type, Character Freq, Character Amt, Character Q, Voicing, et. al. The modeling doesn't need them.

So stop banging on your F5 key and get back to talking about deflated footballs.

Wow, lots of speculation. This is the state of things so far:

G3 is all-new amp modeling. There are no other changes to the firmware so the effects, routing, etc. stay the same. But the amp modeling is a complete "reboot" based on this analysis thingy I wrote that learns an amp and extracts the pertinent data.

At this point I have only ported several dozen models to G3. It's a LOT of work because it involves opening each amp and doing all the measurements and then doing the analysis matches, etc. It will be several more weeks to port the remaining models.

Does it sound drastically different? No, but it does sound better. Some amps are noticeably better especially the Plexis, Rectos, 5150s and the Trainwreck. The Rectos are very good now. They're smooth yet aggressive at the same time if that makes any sense.

Many parameters have been removed as they are not compatible. Among them: PA Lowcut, PA Hicut, Character Type, Character Freq, Character Amt, Character Q, Voicing, et. al. The modeling doesn't need them.

So stop banging on your F5 key and get back to talking about deflated footballs.

Does this means that you can actually model any amp w/o its schematic???

Well, now I think I understand better. This is more than a 1% improvement; to NOT need many of the advanced parameters. Very cool and this will be interesting to hear.

The voicing is one that I change on every model (to vintage).

Back
Top Bottom