Zorran - Ambient Metal Song : Uberschall + Ownhammer Impulse

Re: Zorran - Ambient Metal Song : Uberschall + Ownhammer Imp

Zorran said:
yup most definately. i would say the HFS and VB are nice balanced pickup and probably the best prs pups ive tried. but they lack that extra life to them.. they are almost like actives in that regard. bareknuckles are very lively and usually have a sick midrange. i would reccommend the cold sweats for a nice clear sorta hot tone, or a crawler for a slightly less right but more magic sorta tone.

I once owned a Music Man JP6 with Nailbombs in it and I didn't like them. I ended up switching the pickups back to the new Petrucci DiMarzios and they were better but I didn't like those either so I sold the damn guitar. :lol: I remember thinking that BKP was a hype thing and I'd never try them again. Then I find myself listening to your clips and Misha's clips and really liking the character of tone.

Then I listened to this: http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/i ... ic=17121.0 And TBH the difference was so small that most of the time I couldn't tell the difference which was DiMarzio and which was BKP.

I pulled a few strings and I could have Aftermath's in two weeks. Then I contacted BKP and they said I should rather get Nailbombs. :lol: The pickup I hated in my JP6. I'm torn.

I remember you saying that you have/had the Crawler and it sounds nasally in a bad way. What pickups do you have now?

I dunno, but this just kicks ass from one end to the other. Awesome playing and a solid mix. You definitely gave me some new direction with the tone. I have the OwnHammer impulses but haven't messed with the Uber. So last night I spent a little time sifting the OH impulses with the Uber and arrived at some very large and aggressive tone. Great stuff - thanks for the tips...

Keep it up man - looking forward to more form you!

hey clark,

atm im using the cold sweats. i wouldnt reccommend nailbombs as they are a touch too dry. i would reccommend the aftermath if you want some razortight tone, but i would imagine you would love the shit out of a crawler in your PRS as well.. just huge mids and your chords with stand out. also i have never ever not loved the crawler. its a great pickup. so if you want more defined riffs.. go aftermath.. if you want defined riffs with alot of tops.. go cold sweats. if you want huge chords and vibe and secret sauce.. go crawlers.

kracked.. thanks so much man. im glad you like it and im also glad you were able to get some nice tones :D its what the axe is all about!

Very very good tune Zorran. Never dealt with ownhammer, should give it a try.

The tune is great. Your technical skills are outstanding.

Zorran said:

Your tone sounds pretty damn amazing with Cold Sweats. I'm in the midst of trying to find the right BK Pup I had a Warpig in a Ibanez RG it was too muddy. Then I got a set of Holy Divers in my Ibanez RGD but they just don't have the right voicing or attack, also having problems controlling feedback. I'm kind of now on the edge of trying an Aftermath or Ceramic Nailbomb. Have you used either of those?

nope ive tried neither but i cant imagine you going wrong with an aftermath. if its too dull get a cold sweat.

That song is killer top to bottom. Love it.

Dude, not only was the tone incredible, this song was fantastic! Awesome stuff, and sick sick tone!

-Eric

thanks so much guys :) im so glad my fellow axe fx owners dig it! i got a new tune in the works too.. will post it up here next week :D

Back
Top Bottom