Zoom call settings

I am trying to run my fractal and a microphone through my Focusrite for a Zoom call. Where the other side of the zoom can hear both the guitar/fractal and the mic. Can anyone suggest settings? The fractal is not going through. thank you in advance.

Plug the output of the fractal into an input of the Focusrite and plug the microphone into a different input of the Focusrite.

choose the Focusrite output in Zoom.

trying. tyvm.. i had the mic direct into the computer.. that seems to be the issue.. should be direct to FocusRite.... tyvm!

the issue is Zoom and other programs generally can only choose one "thing" as the sound source. if you chose your microphone directly in Zoom, then you aren't choosing the FM9.

so you somehow need to have both mic and FM9 go into the same "thing" and then choose that as the sound source for zoom.

the issue is Zoom and other programs generally can only choose one "thing" as the sound source. if you chose your microphone directly in Zoom, then you aren't choosing the FM9.

so you somehow need to have both mic and FM9 go into the same "thing" and then choose that as the sound source for zoom.
that is definitely the issue.. just switching my mic from my usb computer mic, to an xlr mic. should work now! Tyvm

To add on what @chris said, You should also make sure you set your audio settings to "original sound for musicians" and turn that setting to "on" in the upper left hand corner (once enabled)

Zoom tends to compress the audio and treat your guitar as background noise if you don't enable this. The person on the other end wont hear your guitar correctly.

I do this with all my online guitar lessons to keep the audio correct.

i could not find that "original sound for musicians" setting.. going to dig back in. you guys are all amazing! thanks for the help.

Once you select it, it will appear at the top left, instead of the the current selected audio profile On/Off option.
Zoom original audio.png

Back
Top Bottom