• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AFIII Zakk Wylde's No More Tears Solo [Cover]

The audio and video aren't synced up for me.
Yeah, I know. I only noticed it after uploading. My PC is pretty nice for audio, but struggles with editing in 4K. Even the playback of a rendered file is far from smooth, hence the mistake.
I’ll have to sort it out!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

If I really want to sync up a YT video that has latency, I'll load it on both my phone and laptop, get em both playing, one with the sound off of course, then hit the spacebar (works as a pause toggle) twice really quick, until they're in sync. haha

But yeah, DAMN good playing! Tight, fast, articulate. Checked all the boxes for me. How long you been playin?

Edit: Ok I just saw in another vid that it's been at least 9 years, lol. To my ears you nailed it back in 2012. I've been using Petrucci's stuff for the last 2 years, getting really serious about my technique in that time, as "lessons", and Fatal Tragedy is a MF bitch!

What do you use to learn the parts? I've found Songsterr to be overall pretty accurate, except for positions.

Last edited:
Thanks! I’ve been playing since 2002, but got really serious about it in 2006 or so.
In the old days, I’d depend strictly on tabs to learn new stuff. Nowadays, I make sure to listen to the original song to get a grasp on feeling, sound, or particular techniques used. Also, tabs are often full of mistakes, so I always double check that. Obviously my ear is a lot better now than it was 15 years ago! There’s a lot of stems available these days for these popular tracks and it surely helps.
Once I memorize the parts, I practice with a metronome, starting from half the speed and gradually increase the tempo until I reach the desired bpm.

Back
Top Bottom