Zach Myers And George Lynch give Axe Fx props

We've had requests for free gear but I don't believe in that. All our artists purchase units. I want them to say good things because they like the product not because they feel obligated since they received a free one. I'm sure the other manufacturers think I'm nuts.

No I think that is very logical and a best practice for your company. We are all true Axe Fx enthusiasts!

hella cool! George seems like a chill guy too. He's the George Hamilton of rock guitar with that tan!

We've had requests for free gear but I don't believe in that. All our artists purchase units. I want them to say good things because they like the product not because they feel obligated since they received a free one. I'm sure the other manufacturers think I'm nuts.

My guess is that rather than thinking you're nuts they wish they had a product as revolutionary as yours so that the big artists would be more than happy to pay for it. For someone like the Edge, buying 8 units or however many he bought is chump change. He'll save the entire cost of those units just due to lack of $ spent hauling whatever else he used. Other artists immediately get that the Axe can save them time and $ many different ways. The Shinedown guy talking about not needing a monster pedalboard to be creative and inspired. What's that worth to someone who can tour for 2.5 years behind one album? Incalculable, but certainly more than the price.

As already noted, it's a mark to others that it's not just advertising give-aways and promotion hype that puts those faces in your ads. To me it speaks volumes about the integrity of the product and the company.

Keep making 'em pay;-)

Exactly. The pro guys don't need them for free because for every piece of gear the Axe replaces, the artist saves that piece's transportation fees. An Axe-Fx on tour that replaces multiple amps and/or pedal boards probably pays for itself several times over by the time the tour ends.

We've had requests for free gear but I don't believe in that. All our artists purchase units. I want them to say good things because they like the product not because they feel obligated since they received a free one.

It separates a heartfelt honest opinion and "Pump and dumper". :p

On a related note, does anyone know if George ever got Mr. Scary back? I almost bought it when it was up for auction and then I read that he lost it in some weird dispute with a friend and I didn't feel right about taking advantage of that.

Whenever I hear anything about George Lynch I remember Slash in his biography book saying how George tried to steal his Marshall head that time. He just walked out of his house with it. Not cool. But who know, Slash could have been high and forgot he was lending it to him, or something. Then again.. maybe George stole his Axe-Fx too.

hella cool! George seems like a chill guy too. He's the George Hamilton of rock guitar with that tan!

George is the very definition of "tone is in the fingers". Absolute monster of a player, and I can pick his phrasing out anywhere. Anyone who plays that well and writes something as asskicking as Mr. Scary can slather on all the spray tan he wants and still be aces in my book.

Back
Top Bottom