Your thoughts on Axe-Fx II Vox AC30 clips and tube names? Help me <3

Check out the Morgan AC20 Deluxe model in the Axe Fx, it has the best Voxy sound to me. You can select between the EF86 preamp tone, or the 12AX7 preamp, just as you can on the Morgan.

I have a 1990/91 Vox AC30 RI that is an incredible amp, but you need to get loud for it to sound best… and you’d be shocked at how loud an alleged 30 watts can be. And, as noted, it is beastly heavy. But, in its zone, it’s a lovely amp.

Check out the Morgan AC20 Deluxe model in the Axe Fx, it has the best Voxy sound to me. You can select between the EF86 preamp tone, or the 12AX7 preamp, just as you can on the Morgan.

I have a 1990/91 Vox AC30 RI that is an incredible amp, but you need to get loud for it to sound best… and you’d be shocked at how loud an alleged 30 watts can be. And, as noted, it is beastly heavy. But, in its zone, it’s a lovely amp.
I'll have to give that one a try

I think the posters early in the thread would benefit, as I did not all that long ago, by checking out the Morgan present that Rick recommended.

What's some good legacy cabs for the AC30 ?
In my Axe-FX II days, I haven't had luck with AC30 models in the factory cabs - too dark to mix TBH. I recommend installing third-party cabs for AC30.
I once shared in "User Cabs and IR's" my original IRs shot from my AC30 6/TBX cab loaded with 2x12 Celestion Blue Alnico made in UK. Mic'ed up to voice the IRs brighter, so I expect it gives you less trouble in a mix.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...optimized-for-distortion.173519/#post-2100772

In my Axe-FX II days, I haven't had luck with AC30 models in the factory cabs - too dark to mix TBH. I recommend installing third-party cabs for AC30.
I once shared in "User Cabs and IR's" my original IRs shot from my AC30 6/TBX cab loaded with 2x12 Celestion Blue Alnico made in UK. Mic'ed up to voice the IRs brighter, so I expect it gives you less trouble in a mix.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...optimized-for-distortion.173519/#post-2100772
Awesome thanks I appreciate it I'll give it a try i actually did get some york audio impulses the other day and those are amazing too

Back
Top Bottom