1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Your suggestions for a small portable FX unit for 4CM

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by Roadrunner, Oct 1, 2018.

1. #1 Roadrunner, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Roadrunner

Roadrunner
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Hey guys.

So, I'm looking to replace the old L6 500HDx unit for something more UpToDate, portable (smaller foot print) FX unit to run 4CM with an amp head.

The requirements are:
    1. Unit will run in 4CM so it needs also drives, compressors, Wah etc. not only modulations.
    2. Amp simulations is not a must however option for personal cab IR is a +.
    3. Must have midi in/out as that’s the way I will do channel switching on the amp which has midi onboard.
    4. Must have a built-in expression pedal OR external expression pedal input.
    5. Must have a PC editor.
    6. Must have at least 1 send / receive loop.
    7. Customize cc's is a +.
    8. Relay switching is a +.

AX8 and FX8 are not in the game since I already had the AX8 in this setup in the past and I'm looking for something smaller than that and besides, I would like try something else (running other FAS products for years).

Currently the 1st place is taken by Line6 Helix HX Effects as it has all I mentioned and also got displays which is a great bonus.

I would be happy to hear your ideas for something similar as I probably didn’t think of all the options out there.

Thanks.

2. #2 dpeterson, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    dpeterson

dpeterson
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Helix Effects, is only think that does what you want, maybe something by Mooer? Or just saw a video of the Headrush Gigboard.

Roadrunner likes this.
  3. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

OP mentioned that as his frontrunner. It’s ok and probly the best choice if he is set on not having a Fractal box this time.

Roadrunner likes this.
  4. dpeterson

dpeterson
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Yup got that, that's why i amended my comment.

bradlake likes this.