Your Opinion Wanted: Best Celestion Speaker for Fender Princeton/Deluxe

Just bought the OwnHammer 12" IR Pack.

Cabinet used is a MojoTone Combo.

The 2 Choices for Celestion are:

1) G65-OR
(1982 Celestion G12-65)
2) H-PR-55
(based on 1969 Celestion G12H)

What would be your choice? Target would be a Princeton or Deluxe with a 12" speaker.

OwnHammer has has a separate IR available with a 12" Celestion Alnico Blue.

In the real world I run Weber speakers in my Fender Combos. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any Weber IRs floating around.

Need to eat my words (again) on the Weber.

Re-did my search on the Axe Exchange and found a few 12A125 IRs. Going to try a couple of those.

Still would like to hear your opinion on the Celestions!

Why wouldn't you try the P12R Jensen IR from that pack? That would be a quintessential Fender speaker.

If not the Jensen, the Celestion Alnico Silver.

The Jensen P12R was the first IR I tried.

In the "real world" I seem to have always replaced stock Jensens with a good Weber. Much heavier magnet and tighter bass. Most Jensens I have used in the past produce a lot of "low end fart" (sorry, don't know how to say it any better).

What has anyone's experience been with the Cab Packs sold direct from Fractal? They both had a few Webers and some Eminence speakers I might be interested in trying.

The Jensen P12R was the first IR I tried.

In the "real world" I seem to have always replaced stock Jensens with a good Weber. Much heavier magnet and tighter bass. Most Jensens I have used in the past produce a lot of "low end fart" (sorry, don't know how to say it any better).

What has anyone's experience been with the Cab Packs sold direct from Fractal? They both had a few Webers and some Eminence speakers I might be interested in trying.

What did you think of the Ownhammer P12R IR's?

You get 24 mics and 18 mixes = 42 IR's. If you buy Cab Lab from FAS, you can mix to your hearts content. Lot's of possible good stuff there.

I thought many of these were spot on as compared to my real Princeton amp.

The SP mix of that the P12R is pretty cool too. I think it's nice to get Scott's mix formula to compare against.

Back
Top Bottom