Your main gigging patches

starswimmer

How do you set up your axe for a gig? Are there a few sounds that are your go to?
What are your default 3 or 4 patches?

I do a lot of modern worship and some classic rock type tones so all my presets are built with those tones in mind. Fender, AC30TB, JCM800, Marsha HB, Energyball, 3C+ are the main sims I use and are tweaked to work with FR in mind.

Sixstring said:
I do a lot of modern worship and some classic rock type tones so all my presets are built with those tones in mind. Fender, AC30TB, JCM800, Marsha HB, Energyball, 3C+ are the main sims I use and are tweaked to work with FR in mind.

Nice Sixstring! Do you have any default effects and set up like: expression pedals for volume and wah...300 ms delay for rhythms etc...?

I just got my Ultra, so I am trying to figure some things out.

Right now I have the EJ Clean, a Vox U2 type patch and a Marsha BE setup for this weekend. I haven't gotten into song presets yet. I am just stoked to have my GCP talking to the AXE right now.

Here is something that I got married to a while ago. I assign one of the expression pedals to delay effect level so I can mix in what want on the fly. It just works for how I hear things. The other expression ped is for volume/wah depending on the song. I also have one of my IA buttons assigned to a shimmer effect that I can drop in if I am padding by myself.

What about you?

Someone just asked me how to assign shimmer to one IA. Here's my answer:

It's a multi delay I got off of a U2 patch someone did. You can copy an effect into a favorite effects folder in the AXE EDIT. Drop it in your patch. Then I assigned it to the IA on the GCP. I suppose I could assign it to the expression if I wanted to.

Here's a video of the guy who did the patch. Start at around 3 minutes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcFhhiQ ... re=related

In my main Plexi Crunch patch I have an expression pedal tied to the gain on the amp, a para eq to boost mids, and delay. All the way down is dry and crunchy. Up is more saturated with a nice midrange boost and delay for lead work.

randocaster said:
In my main Plexi Crunch patch I have an expression pedal tied to the gain on the amp, a para eq to boost mids, and delay. All the way down is dry and crunchy. Up is more saturated with a nice midrange boost and delay for lead work.

That's a really good idea. Gotta love multiple expression pedal assignments.

starswimmer said:
Sixstring said:

Nice Sixstring! Do you have any default effects and set up like: expression pedals for volume and wah...300 ms delay for rhythms etc...?

I have quite a few presets that involve parameter controlling with expression pedals. I have the AC30TB and the JCM with the gain tied to a CC or A/I depending, much better sounding than a drive block in some cases. In the case of the one of my AC presets I have both set up, a drive block linked to an A/I and the gain attached to a CC so I have a lot of control the gain structure in that preset.

I also have a moded version of the Boston preset with the time and speed parameters linked in the Reverb and Delay blocks which makes for some interesting spaceship noises. And of course the typical dual delays on the AC preset and wah and volume on most of the others and I have a few bone dry presets with nothing more than an amp and cab block just so I can be free of effects once in a wile.

This is what I love most about the Axe aside from the great tones you get. It's has the ability to assign parameters to do certain things in multiple ways that are not easily done with a real tube amp and analog effects.

Sixstring said:
starswimmer said:
Sixstring said:

I have quite a few presets that involve parameter controlling with expression pedals. I have the AC30TB and the JCM with the gain tied to a CC or A/I depending, much better sounding than a drive block in some cases. In the case of the one of my AC presets I have both set up, a drive block linked to an A/I and the gain attached to a CC so I have a lot of control the gain structure in that preset.

I also have a moded version of the Boston preset with the time and speed parameters linked in the Reverb and Delay blocks which makes for some interesting spaceship noises. And of course the typical dual delays on the AC preset and wah and volume on most of the others and I have a few bone dry presets with nothing more than an amp and cab block just so I can be free of effects once in a wile.

This is what I love most about the Axe aside from the great tones you get. It's has the ability to assign parameters to do certain things in multiple ways that are not easily done with a real tube amp and analog effects.

Very cool! I need to experiment with assigning the amp gain to an expression pedal.

On a side note: I am using the Marshe BE for a couple songs and it really rolls off nicely with the volume knob. Neck pickup on a strat rolled down quite a bit sounds really good.

Back
Top Bottom