your favourite improved features of Axe Fx III vs II XL?

pisquano

Inspired
what is your favourite improvement of AXE FX III compared to the II (XL)?
gapless switching?
more connections? (fx loops etc)
better reamp capabilities?
virtual capo?
new fx blocks?

#1 - the amp modelling accuracy / quality is loads better.

the rest is gravy - and there's lots of gravy:
- routing, connectivity, fx quality, fx capability, IR selection, ... ... ...

Axfx2 is far far behind Ax3 now - interesting thing is Ax2 is still a great unit and, even now, holds it's own against various competition.

Practically everything about the III is better with the exception of USB Adapter Mode for capturing MIDI Input from other devices on the II. I've recently hooked up my old II XL to prep it for my brother to use and I'm reminded just how much better the screen and interface is on the III. Comparing tones head to head, the III has more clarity and dynamics for sure. The drive block and how the amp models respond to it is far superior on the III as well.

well gapless switching is oh so very enjoyable, but my initial favorite improvement was computing power. I could stick 5 presets into a single preset and use scenes instead. That was game changing.

Plex reverb was what made me jump. Was planning on keeping my 2 for rehearsals etc. Sound diiference made the 2 collect dust so I sold it. I waited buying a 3 till the mark 2 came out. That had room for many more presets and the 3 had also made its progress till then too.

Processing power at first... mucho refined and more powerful effects... amp modeling has matured and is amazing... the interface is easier to navigate... A few days ago, I noticed the folder where firmware downloads goes has 130+ zip files in it, and I missed a few beta fw releases!!! Some were bug fixes, but many brought new and refined features. Nothing else compares or even comes close.

Back
Top Bottom