Your experience: best place for always-available looper

Eric T Amble

Inspired
Hi everybody,

So I have my Axe-Fx presets on a per-song basis, where—in each preset—scene 1 is rhythm, scene 2 is clean, etc. The MFC controls the scenes using the first 8 switches. The thing is, I want to start using a looper and have it always available, rather than having to go to "REVEAL".
So I was wondering if anyone has opinions about the best locations for these buttons (for optimal timing and foot access on stage):
- Scenes 1 - 5 (I typically don't use 6 - 8)
- Tuner
- Preset increment (by 1) up/down
- Looper controls (probably Rec, Stop, and Play)
- Tap Tempo

...in short, I'm looking for folks' experience doing things like this live: where are the best places for these buttons on the MFC?

Thanks,
Eric

depends on what you need the quickest access to. bottom left switch 1 is easiest to hit. switch 2 or 6 is the next easiest depending on how you work with the MFC.

i personally put Rec on 1, Play on 2, Once on 3 - these were "general" switches, meaning i set Axe Function to "none" and just assigned the CC#. i also set them to the same Switch Link so only 1 could be on at a time.

then 4 and 5 were either boost or something else i might need quickly. then my Scenes 1-5 went on 2nd row, 6-10. 11-15 were IA switches for effects, and 16-17 changed all the time, mostly Tap/Tuner and whatever.

I use a Boss FS-6 as an external switch to control the looper. Right hand button to record/play and left hand button to stop. That way it doesn't use any of the MFC switches and avoids having to use the reveal function to access the looper.

Back
Top Bottom