your current top 5 IRs?

That's the only user IR I use and I use it 95% of the time...
1664886568677.png

From time to time I also use these two (already included with the 3rd gen FAS gear)
1664886788193.png
1664886844072.png

That's it as far as the guirar sound is concerned...

PS: I play mostly clean or semi-clean and 95% I use the Plexi 100 High or the 1959 SLP High. But these IRs work for me even with very distorted sounds, other amps (like the Tucana Clean etc.) and so forth...

Last edited:
Valhallir v2 green 69 is at the end my only ir after bought almost everything from every seller... As described the Marshall 4x12 with pre rola greenbacks is the holy grail of cabinets.

My top has been the MAR EVH choices from the Ownhammer heavy hitters volume 1. Mainly using it for some tasty 80s tones, but I also really like it for some single coil clean tones with the JTM45. I also really like the diezel v30 options in that pack as well when I want to get super heavy. Honestly all of the options in that bundle are killer.

Some others I gravitate towards are the FDMN pack from York audio, the paring with the BE/HBE models is just perfect; It's worth it for the PX IR alone. I also do really enjoy the 5153 pack from York audio.

Pretty much just found via IR surfing that I am a huge G12-EVH speaker fan lol.

If I knew 6 years ago what I know now, I would have avoided collecting 45,000 IR’s and just bought all of York’s packs.

Doesn’t matter what genre or tone I’m going for, York has the best IR’s I’ve used yet. I couldn’t even tell you which ones are my favorites without getting into specifics in regards to the application. In general I just match the IR’s with the amp, so if it’s a Marshall/Friedman, I’ll just use a MArshall/Friedman cab.

One thing is for certain, I’ll take 20 IR’s that are all sounding great over 900 IR’s that sound like someone moving a mic in a fishbowl. Whatever Justin does to get his IR’s sounding the way they do, he’s come out far above the rest, IMO.

If I knew 6 years ago what I know now, I would have avoided collecting 45,000 IR’s and just bought all of York’s packs.

Doesn’t matter what genre or tone I’m going for, York has the best IR’s I’ve used yet. I couldn’t even tell you which ones are my favorites without getting into specifics in regards to the application. In general I just match the IR’s with the amp, so if it’s a Marshall/Friedman, I’ll just use a MArshall/Friedman cab.

One thing is for certain, I’ll take 20 IR’s that are all sounding great over 900 IR’s that sound like someone moving a mic in a fishbowl. Whatever Justin does to get his IR’s sounding the way they do, he’s come out far above the rest, IMO.
So at this point do you use any of the Fractal/stock IR's? Cuz that tone you have in your new song was seriously pro-sounding!

So at this point do you use any of the Fractal/stock IR's? Cuz that tone you have in your new song was seriously pro-sounding!

Absolutely! I use Austin Buddy’s Live Gold nonstop and those are mainly stock IR’s. PLENTY of great stock IR’s, I just didn’t want to go through the hassle of pairing them all with the amps. I need to upload those presets tonight from that song, I’ll check what I’m using on them then. I made the presets a couple years ago so it’s been a while and there’s a 50% chance they’re Yorks and 50% chance they’re stock.

I'm always looking to improve my 4 standard IRs (Marshall, Vox, Fender, Mesa). Though I've bought many packs I tend to reach for ML Sound Lab Mikko first because I can so easily position the Mikko stand alone software at end of chain and dial in cabs/mics graphically. I could maybe get better IR mixes from other makers (will have to try out more York Audio stuff based on comments above), but I'm lazy so Mikko does the trick for me.

The two I never leave home without are the York HWAT 412 FN50 fredman (or mix 1) mix for general low to mid-gain classic rock tones (think Gilmour/Lifeson). For me it has the perfect balance and cuts through a band mix very well. The 2nd is Lancaster Audio Marsh 1960A Mix 1 for anything Marshall related. It's got that classic Marshall closed-back tone.

Last edited:
I'm always looking to improve my 4 standard IRs (Marshall, Vox, Fender, Mesa). Though I've bought many packs I tend to reach for ML Sound Lab Mikko first because I can so easily position the Mikko stand alone software at end of chain and dial in cabs/mics graphically. I could maybe get better IR mixes from other makers (will have to try out more York Audio stuff based on comments above), but I'm lazy so Mikko does the trick for me.
I have Mikko too and it’s really good. However, the YA mixes just do it for me. I have a long history of miking, as do most, and I almost always end up with a 57 and/or a 57 with 121. It’s fun to move the mike around to find the sweet spot BUT Justin takes care of that for us.

I find the YA mixes pretty awesome and the IR’S are top quality. I now audtion 20 or so of the mixes vs. hundreds of other captures. My .02.

There are the presets for that song, aside from the lead which was a JPIIC+ Yellow Shred. IR's aren't stock, though, they're both using the DV77 from York.

IIC++ 212 DV77 Mix 12
Splawn- 212 DV77 N22-CNT (I swear I didn't add the CNT! :tearsofjoy:)

Attachments

• Mesa's Are For Fully Grown Men.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Splawn All Over Your Face.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
I like that Mad Oak IR myself.

Also, Leon Todd’s LT TV Mix 7 which is on the Axechange and also in the blocks zip he just posted. The Mad Oak is dark and the LT is brighter. I’ve been using them in a mix, or using the LT Mix 7 itself for almost everything.

Back
Top Bottom