Your current fav Marshallesque amps?

Check out my marshallized AC-20 on Channel B.
I use it for pretty crunch and the 50w High II for rude crunch with the OH-M75-559B/C.
Should work with your fav IR too. The preset was made for a Strat with fat 50s.

Attachments

• Strat - 2x AC-20 50w Hi2 5153.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
Loving the js410 models, so much so that I downloaded the manual for the JVM410JS to learn more about each channel. Man, the channels sound just like Joe describes them in the manual. I particularly like the Crunch Orange and Crunch Red channels. Great JCM800 and modded 800 tones to be be had there.

Except you changing the Tonestack in the HBE to Plexi. More open, more raw, then raise the MV, it’s worth experimenting.
I’ve tried that but it didn’t do it for me. I guess the HBE is a but smooth when it comes to the higher gain marshall thing, and I’ve come to realise I’m more of a JCM person when going high gain in Marshall-land. In that regard, I’m more inclined towards the awesome new Brit Silver that you mentioned than the “mod-ed” HBE.

I’ve tried that but it didn’t do it for me. I guess the HBE is a but smooth when it comes to the higher gain marshall thing, and I’ve come to realise I’m more of a JCM person when going high gain in Marshall-land. In that regard, I’m more inclined towards the awesome new Brit Silver that you mentioned than the “mod-ed” HBE.
The Brit silver is a killer if you turn on the saturation switch set to 4.44 it gives it a really nice bite roll back the gain a bit to find the sweet spot

2203, SV20H, 1970 Plexi, 6CA7, CCV, Ecstasy, Nitro 1... so many greats in there and I cycle through them every now and then. The CCV and Nitro are for high gain duties only, though. The CCV 2B for tight modern metal stuff, and Nitro for Recto-type tones. The other amps are way too versatile to be pigeon-holed because they can do pretty much anything.

Edit: also the JVM Oranges. Fantastic high gain amps.
Dude, I just wanted to say thank you so much. I never gave the Cameron or Splawn models much thought when I first got my FM9 a year ago, and it's thanks to this comment that I've been experimenting with all the awesome amps I've passed over. The Nitro has somehow taken the spot of the JCM800 in my heart

I have been using the 2203 and used the settings from JD GOT of his “jmp”…
And his cabs also…sounds great

Dude, I just wanted to say thank you so much. I never gave the Cameron or Splawn models much thought when I first got my FM9 a year ago, and it's thanks to this comment that I've been experimenting with all the awesome amps I've passed over. The Nitro has somehow taken the spot of the JCM800 in my heart
Cheers, mate! The Cameron and Splawns do have that extra bit of refinement that makes them shine a little brighter than the rest! I was surprised by the Nitro, too. It has such a percussive low-end yet sounds open. Gotta crank that treble and presence, tho.

Do check out the Quick-Rod models as well. People usually go towards them before the Nitro when thinking of Splawns. They don’t sound as amazing to me as the Cameron CCV, but a lot of folks do swear by them.

Downloaded a Gary Moore preset from Axe-Change recently that is one of my favorites I've heard. it uses the Brit Super, so I'm going to give that model some more attention.

Back
Top Bottom