Young lust lead sound

Roadrunner

Power User
So we are covering Pink Floyed Young Lust.
The lead tone is kind of drive with I think some modulation on top, anybody has an idea about the sound?
It sounds to me like kind of flanger or something, not sure.

Switch to 01:38 for the solo.
Thanks.

Last edited:
The lead tone is kind of drive with I think some modulation on top, anybody has an idea about the sound?
Thanks.

As per

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=50

Young Lust
studio
Fender 1955 Esquire/Telecaster, bridge pickup
– rhythm; Muff
– solo; Muff and Electric Mistress

As per

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=50

Young Lust
studio
Fender 1955 Esquire/Telecaster, bridge pickup
– rhythm; Muff
– solo; Muff and Electric Mistress

Ha ha thanks Hubertus.

I knew it is a flanger.

ELECTRO-HARMONIX-DELUXE-ELECTRIC-MISTRESS.jpg

Ok, now I only need to program that sound :)

Switch to 01:38 for the solo.
Thanks.

Yes right on! Gilmour uses a big muff through a hiwatt amp. He is using a boost for the solo to add a little more distortion. He has his amp set right on the edge of overdrive and is mainly using pedals for his gain. He is also using an electric mistress flanger for the solo although, I really wouldn't worry about what type of flanger you use. For the rhythm guitar just use the big muff without the fluff.

Yes right on! Gilmour uses a big muff through a hiwatt amp. He is using a boost for the solo to add a little more distortion. He has his amp set right on the edge of overdrive and is mainly using pedals for his gain. He is also using an electric mistress flanger for the solo although, I really wouldn't worry about what type of flanger you use. For the rhythm guitar just use the big muff without the fluff.

This thread is 8 years old, hopefully the OP found what they were looking for.

FWIW, Gilmour prefers the Hiwatts because he can crank the shit out of them without them breaking up. The basis of all his rigs since the 70’s has been a clean tone with a ton of headroom so they can slam all the pedal chains in the world into them. In the studio he might grab some old Fenders for some breakup tones, but any dirt you’ve ever heard live from him has been from pedals.

Back
Top Bottom