Young Dubster soon to use AXE II technology

My 17 year old has going through this as well, though I'm not a fan of the music... to me this stuff sounds like Transformers and old 80's video games tied together with a beat. I encourage him to explore the possibilities of music and it does give a sense of timing and anticipation of music phrasing. What he has put together sounds really good and well done!

My 17 year old has going through this as well, though I'm not a fan of the music... to me this stuff sounds like Transformers and old 80's video games tied together with a beat. I encourage him to explore the possibilities of music and it does give a sense of timing and anticipation of music phrasing. What he has put together sounds really good and well done!

Tell yours to give mine a shout out. The music I have in mind will have the beat style with subtle dubstep effects but not all out going to the disco feel. (if that makes sense)

Tell yours to give mine a shout out. The music I have in mind will have the beat style with subtle dubstep effects but not all out going to the disco feel. (if that makes sense)

Will do... He's down in Cali right now visiting with his cousin. I will let him know about the link and hopefully they can dub it up... Boom! :lol

Nice... really makes me want to step on some dubs!!! wonder what would happen? :) I actually do like this style of music, kinda reminds me of my old Amiga computer demo's from the late 80s early 90s

Great work for a 16 y/o! Thumbs up... However, if you want your music to be played there are some very vital elements that need to be there:

1. You have to want to dance/tap your feet/headbang (what ever) to the beat. Incorporate more groove and swing and a firm pumping kick throughout the song... Even in breaks, have some sort of pumping element there, like for instance a side chain.

2. Less is undeniably more. Most DJ:s don't like heavily affected tracks. This gives them nothing to do. If you do too much on the track, there is no room for a DJ to do his performance and your track will never be played - never ever.

3. Find a good hook/melody. This is what will distinguish your track from the rest. This is what all music is about - even dubstep. Key is: if you can't sing the hook - scrap it!

4. Widen your horizon. Incorporate elements from outside the genre. House, electro, trance etc... Explore jazz and advanced chord voicings. Most interesting electronic music I've heard have elements of jazz in them.

5. Follow trends in the clubs but don't always be one step behind. In this day and age beats and sounds are as trendy as fashion. It changes from season to season... Keep with the times and make your beats sound contemporary. Yet, do your own thing with it.

6. Stay the f**k away from drugs!! Serve one master - your music.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom