You had me at 59 Bassguy

LeftyStrat

I received my Axe-Fx III on Monday and took a vacation day on Tuesday to play with it. I think I spent most of the day just playing the 59 Bassguy and learning to use the FC-12. I have to give a shoutout to AxeFxTutorials for the video "Fractal Audio FC-12: Quick Look | Default Layouts | EZ Switch Editing." Normally I find it easier to learn from manuals, because I can read faster than you can talk, but this video had me up and running in no time.

Anyway, my tone quest is over. The Axe-Fx III and FC-12 are incredible pieces of gear and I look forward to many years of using them. My hat's off to the Fractal Audio team.

Also, Monday was a really good day for me. In addition to receiving my Axe-fx and FC-12. The nice people over at the Marshall Forum helped me id an amp I inherited from my father in law. Turns out it is a 1982 50 watt Marshall Silver Jubilee Anniversary Series with matching white Tolex 4x12. I had planned on selling my entire stable of amps, but this one I'll hang on to for sentimental reasons and investment value.

Maybe once I've better learned the gear I can give back to this community by doing a tone match of it. I know it's just JCM800, but that white Tolex has to have an effect on tone, right? ;-)

Last edited:
I received my Axe-Fx III on Monday and took a vacation day on Tuesday to play with it. I think I spent most of the day just playing the 59 Bassguy and learning to use the FC-12. I have to give a shoutout to AxeFxTutorials for the video "Fractal Audio FC-12: Quick Look | Default Layouts | EZ Switch Editing." Normally I find it easier to learn from manuals, because I can read faster than you can talk, but this video had me up and running in no time.

Anyway, my tone quest is over. The Axe-Fx III and FC-12 are incredible pieces of gear and I look forward to many years of using them. My hat's off to the Fractal Audio team.

Also, Monday was a really good day for me. In addition to receiving my Axe-fx and rc-12. The nice people over at the Marshall Forum helped me id an amp I inherited from my father in law. Turns out it is a 1982 50 watt Marshall Silver Jubilee Anniversary Series with matching white Tolex 4x12. I had planned on selling my entire stable of amps, but this one I'll hang on to for sentimental reasons and investment value.

Maybe once I've better learned the gear I can give back to this community by doing a tone match of it. I know it's just JCM800, but that white Tolex has to have an effect on tone, right? ;-)
I've heard the "1982 50 watt Marshall Silver Jubilee Anniversary Series with matching white Tolex 4x12" isn't very good. You should sell it to me dirt cheap. ;)

Why couldn't my father in law be as cool as yours......... DEFINITELY hang on to it!

Why couldn't my father in law be as cool as yours......... DEFINITELY hang on to it!
He was a fun guy. He was an old hippie turned successful businessman. He passed away about 4 years ago. His friends set up a memorial for him on 4/20/2016. He has about three hundred people show up for his memorial. He loved to have bonfires so we're planning one in his honor on 4/4/2020, which is exactly 4 years from his memorial.

That first preset is huge ! Works super with single coils and I recently cranked it with my new (old ...) 1973 hard tail Strat that sports a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge position. That sound is just awesome and good to handle on the volume pot of the guitar.

My favorite "out of the box and don't tamper with it" preset :)

Cheers Todde

Also, Monday was a really good day for me. In addition to receiving my Axe-fx and FC-12. The nice people over at the Marshall Forum helped me id an amp I inherited from my father in law. Turns out it is a 1982 50 watt Marshall Silver Jubilee Anniversary Series with matching white Tolex 4x12. I had planned on selling my entire stable of amps, but this one I'll hang on to for sentimental reasons and investment value.

The white JCM 800s from '82 were 20th anniversary models, a Silver Jubilee would be a 25th anniversary model from '87 in silver tolex and would not be a JCM 800. Both great amps and congrats either way.

I'm pretty sure that's the head Tom Morello uses.
That reminds me, I'm really looking forward to trying the whammy in the Axe. I've never played one. I always liked how he used the whammy.

Though at the rate I'm going it might take me a while. I haven't even made it past the first preset.

For basic jamming, 59 Bassman is where I’ve been stuck/live 75% of the time for about 6+ months.

I change to other presets for Rush or other tones that need a different gain structure or sparkle, but preset 000 nearly always rocks it for me. All 8 scenes full.

For basic jamming, 59 Bassman is where I’ve been stuck/live 75% of the time for about 6+ months.

I change to other presets for Rush or other tones that need a different gain structure or sparkle, but preset 000 nearly always rocks it for me. All 8 scenes full.
Agree, super dig that amp.

I've also been having big fun with the 65 Bassman, sometimes with a Ruckus in front. Love it!

Using an IR I don't remember with it, built-in, will update this when I'm home to say which one.

Back
Top Bottom