Yet Another Pink Floyd Tribute Band... (Preset Inside)

Excellent - as close as you can get - well done!!!! Top notch playing and tone complimented by awesome fellow band members.
Would be nice if you could share some of those presets : )

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments.
I'm using DG Black Strat signature into AX8 to FOH, no custom IR, only external pedal is a Boss VO2 for Pigs talkbox solo.
What song would you be interested for preset?

Very nice! I’d also be interested in knowing a bit about how you put your presets together for the tones.

I've made block presets for pedals replicating real pedals used by DG that I have. FuzzFace (clone), Muff Rams Head (clone), Muff Russing (clone), Powerbooster (clone), TubeDriver (clone), Phase90, Dynacomp, Mistress, CE2... see Gilmourish.com...
For most I came really close. For amp modelling I use HiWatt (+IR 37) and Double Verb (+IR DoubleVerb Mix).
I use these as a start up point.

Then I record my guitar dry, then I leave it on the stand and I can tweak by listening my version on a playback and the original.
Choose an IR, fine tune Drive gain, EQ, reverb...
I use headphone AND monitors (really important). Using this method I often come really close to the original DG sound.
And then I go the rehearsal and sometimes make some adjustments.
And then I go to the gig and see if my sound tech and people are happy...

A long process, hours of tweaking and improving but when successfull I'm happy too!

Thanks for your comments.
I'm using DG Black Strat signature into AX8 to FOH, no custom IR, only external pedal is a Boss VO2 for Pigs talkbox solo.
What song would you be interested for preset?
The Wall solo would be a good place to start but I really like all your tones (and playing).

I've made block presets for pedals replicating real pedals used by DG that I have. FuzzFace (clone), Muff Rams Head (clone), Muff Russing (clone), Powerbooster (clone), TubeDriver (clone), Phase90, Dynacomp, Mistress, CE2... see Gilmourish.com...
For most I came really close. For amp modelling I use HiWatt (+IR 37) and Double Verb (+IR DoubleVerb Mix).
I use these as a start up point.

Then I record my guitar dry, then I leave it on the stand and I can tweak by listening my version on a playback and the original.
Choose an IR, fine tune Drive gain, EQ, reverb...
I use headphone AND monitors (really important). Using this method I often come really close to the original DG sound.
And then I go the rehearsal and sometimes make some adjustments.
And then I go to the gig and see if my sound tech and people are happy...

A long process, hours of tweaking and improving but when successfull I'm happy too!
vey cool, what about the cab block? thanks

vey cool, what about the cab block? thanks
For the Cab as I wrote I start with 37 most of the time (don't remember the name) it seems to be great at least for the Wall/Muff kind of sound with an HiWatt. Then if I'm not really satisfied I listen every Cab to see if I can find a better one... (take 15minutes).

For the Cab as I wrote I start with 37 most of the time (don't remember the name) it seems to be great at least for the Wall/Muff kind of sound with an HiWatt. Then if I'm not really satisfied I listen every Cab to see if I can find a better one... (take 15minutes).

I checked your preset. you are using cabs f 189 and f 042

I checked your preset. you are using cabs f 189 and f 042
Possible, 37 and DoubleVerb are just a starting point. As I said I go through all the IR to find the best one when I'm not satisfied with these. Moreover the Wall Solo is not a typical Strat/Fuzz or Muff Gilmour sound. It's played on a LesPauls direct into desk using Mesa preamp if I remember well.

The Wall 2 Solo. Not the one I spent many time but pretty decent I guess. This one is for a Strat, neck pickup CS69 (the one in the video). I made another for LesPauls.
Tell me if it works for you...
Many thank's!!! - I'm not going to sound like you but I'm sure it will help.

yes
Possible, 37 and DoubleVerb are just a starting point. As I said I go through all the IR to find the best one when I'm not satisfied with these. Moreover the Wall Solo is not a typical Strat/Fuzz or Muff Gilmour sound. It's played on a LesPauls direct into desk using Mesa preamp if I remember well.
but what exactly cabs are you using on the videos you posted?

Those tunes sounded Awesome,Great playing and tone, but the first tune should of been named a big fog makes a wall:)

Back
Top Bottom