Yet another FW15 update preset amp question

Etudica

Inspired
I'm a little behind due to my day job and just now updating to FW15. I've read a lot about the need to reset the amp blocks on older patches and the new update amp function, but was wondering...

In Axe-Edit, could I just use the "Copy X to Clipboard" on an amp, change the amp and then reselect it, and then "Paste Clipboard to X"? Or does this defeat the purpose of resetting the advanced amp parameters?

I just tried this method but couldn't hear/feel any difference in my updated patches compared to the pre-amp reset versions, so I'm wondering if this method is even doing anything at all. Thoughts?

AFAIK you will not hear a difference in all cases. Only specific models that had their parameters changed, and even then it depends on which and how you monitor it (headphones/speakers).
Still it's recommended to go through the process to make sure you get the latest and best possible settings for a model.
I'm a bit fuzzy myself on how this is best done and if it's necessary to do it one preset at a time.
I know there's a new function in the utility menu that updates all presets, but it's still unclear to me.

Your suggestion to use the clipboard to save your amp settings and reapplying it to the model is actually a good one, but I do fear it will copy/paste the advanced settings that need to change in the model, so you might no get the same benefits as just writing down the BMT and Master/Gain settings down and setting that back on the updated model...

Hope that helps and that someone with clearer insight will shine in! :)

Yeah, kind of a dumb question. I was running on fumes last night and trying to update everything in a hurry. Not enough hours in the day.

It would be nice if FAS could write a utility that would allow you to load up a patch from a previous version of the firmware and then have it save out a version for the current firmware version that preserves (as much as possible) the sound characteristics of the earlier firmware patch. Given that they know exactly what has changed in each update it should be possible (not suggesting that it would necessarily be quick or easy to code) and would save people from having to adjust / recreate their rigs with each firmware release.

Back
Top Bottom