Yek's preset library

Magical Moving Pitch block

This preset by @Moke (expanded version) was part of Fractal Audio's Gift of Tone series at the end of 2022.
I have the impression that this masterpiece didn't receive get quite the appreciation that it deserves, or maybe it got overlooked.

Through a nifty layout employing Multiplex blocks, Send/Return blocks and Volume blocks, Moke enables a single Pitch block to be positioned BEFORE or AFTER the Amp block in the same preset.

I attached a version of the preset that I slimmed down to just demonstrate what's happening.
Scene 1: Whammy pedal (pre).
Scene 2: pitch detuning (post).

Moke provides explanation in a video and in a PDF enclosed in the zipped GoT file.

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-10 om 21.19.40.png

Attachments

• GoT Moke Magical Moving Pitch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Works fine, I’ll post it tomorrow. I don’t recall it being part of a factory preset.

Doctor M@

The Doctor Who BBC series dates back to the '60's. And still is very popular in modern reincarnations (2005 and later).
I have fond memories of the period with Tom Baker. So much more fun and humor than Star Trek.

The intro track was mesmerising and haunting, with fractals visuals!

Matt recreated the sound on the intro track and I'm happy to share it.

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-11 om 13.50.32.png

Attachments

• M@ Dr.Who.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
M@ Warble Delay

Post #2 already shows a delay feedback loop. This is another and more simple one. Users often want pristine delays. But imperfect ones are so much more interesting. Here, a simple LFO on the Delay's Motor Speed results in a 'warble' repeats.

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-11 om 14.14.26.png

Attachments

• M@ Warble Delay.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
M@ Groovy Delay

Matt likes running delay into delays. Here, the second (dual) delay already sets the groove, but with first one added it becomes more interesting, again. The preset splits the stereo signal and feeds two amps L/R. Why? Because you can. Not you, FM3.

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-11 om 14.14.35.png

Attachments

• M@ Groovy Delay.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
M@ Crippled Clavinet

Very old and probably due for a make-over, but I've used this approximation of a keyboard clavinet sound more than once. It uses the mighty Ring Modulator, loved by some, hated by many others.

Play clean single tones.

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-11 om 14.22.40.png

Attachments

• M@ Cripple Clave.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 56
M@ CloudScape

Not sure if this one made its way into the factory presets in some way.

It'a pretty straightforward preset but the result is massive. A Multitap Delay set to Quad Diffusor, into Deep Space reverb, and an envelope-controlled Filter to make the sound 'evolve'. 8 scenes, each a little different.

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-11 om 15.47.06.png

Attachments

• M@ Cloudscape.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom