YEK or Chris K HELP!!!!

kippiejr

Inspired
MFC cat5 to AXF II is in Effect loop of real amp

Can you explain how to set up a scene to send a PC or CC#46-95 to another midi unit. ( Basically want scene 3 to tell Gizmo to switch to Clean on real amp )

The reason I ask this is if I use presets there is a audible snap when changing out of clean preset...I cant figure why and I have checked everything.

If not available in AFX MODE then how to set up Scene 1-5 and send PC or CC in IA general function mode..

The funny thing is I am just swapping my Ultra out to the new effects in AFX II. The Ultra using presets changes like scenes... seamless...But again since I cant get the AFX II to change presets without snapping this is my only hope.

HELP, somebody, anybody. I have lost 2 days already

Do you have a MIDI cable from the RJM Amp Gizmo (I'm assuming it is an amp gizmo or mini amp gizmo?)?
You need to have MIDI from the Amp gizmo to the AxeII.
You need to have the MIDI thru parameter turned on in the I/O menu of the Axe

You should be able to put the Axe on whatever scene and the amp on whatever channel and just hit the write button on the amp gizmo to save the setting. The MIDI thru should allow the save to the Axe then save the preset.

....I believe that's how I did mine (I have a Rack Gizmo)

Hope that helps

Do you have a MIDI cable from the RJM Amp Gizmo (I'm assuming it is an amp gizmo or mini amp gizmo?)?
You need to have MIDI from the Amp gizmo to the AxeII.
You need to have the MIDI thru parameter turned on in the I/O menu of the Axe

You should be able to put the Axe on whatever scene and the amp on whatever channel and just hit the write button on the amp gizmo to save the setting. The MIDI thru should allow the save to the Axe then save the preset.

....I believe that's how I did mine (I have a Rack Gizmo)

Hope that helps

O yeah, I have it working with presets in AFX II just fine. The problem is the audible snapping sound, so I want to use scenes. Scenes do not transmit a PC and the Gizmo only sees CC# 46-95. Scenes are CC#34. So therefore in theory I need the MFC either send a PC with its scene CC#34 or change scenes to CC#46-95.

I understand what I need to do and Matt at Fractal emailed me and said it can be done but nobody will tell how........

From the three different threads you've started you seem to have two problems. First one is when switching amp channels with an Amp Gizmo and presets on the Axe 2 there is an audible pop. Your solution is to use scenes and not fix the first problem. Not being able to program your MFC is the second problem. Programming IA messages for the MFC is on page 34 or 35 of the MFC manual.

Back to the original problem. Audible pop when switching presets and amp channels at the same time. You state this isn't happening when you use your Ultra. What's difference in the signal path and grounding scheme when using the Ultra? Are you mixing Cat 5 and midi cable when using the Axe 2 or are they all midi cables? Where is the ultra sitting when you are A/B'ing the pop? Is it in the rack connected to rack rails? Start simple and try to isolate the pop keeping note of the connections and grounding of all units.

Link to the manuals.
Fractal Audio Systems - Support

The Ultra is Midi cable all they way thru. The AXE FX II is Cat5 to unit then midi cable out to Gizmo. Both units where placed in the bottom of a 4 space rack. All connected identical.

I have read the manual and can't figure it out how to program the messages. And by the lack of guidance from anyone it seems no one else knows how as well.

I guess I can try midi to midi with the Axe II. It is the only difference in signal path all the way through...

Back
Top Bottom