Yamaha LL16 Acoustic

normanaj

Inspired
I tried this guitar out at L&M a few days ago and was blown away with how great it sounded and felt in my hands and under the fingers. I tried a few other mid range Martins, Taylors, Fenders and some other brand, maybe a Gibson and surprisingly the LL16 just sounded so much better. I own a Taylor 214ce and its in the same ballpark sound wise but I would say its probably closer to the 314ce but the highs on my Taylor were harsher to my ears compared to the Yamaha. I plan to buy this guitar, in fact I have one on it's way, but I was curious if anyone else here has tried one and if your findings were similar to mine and to perhaps ask if you know of any other gem acoustic guitars out there similar to it.

Last edited:
I tried this guitar out at L&M a few days ago and was blown away with how great it sounded and felt in my hands and under the fingers. I tried a few other mid range Martins, Taylors, Fenders and some other brand, maybe a Gibson and surprisingly the LL16 just sounded so much better. I own a Taylor 214ce and its in the same ballpark sound wise but I would say its probably closer to the 314ce but the highs on my Taylor were harsher to my ears compared to the Yamaha. I plan to buy this guitar, in fact I have one on it's way, but I was curious if anyone else here has tried one and if your findings were similar to mine and to perhaps ask if you know of any other gem acoustic guitars out there similar to it.

Little know fact by many but Yamaha makes some of the best midrange acoustic guitars. I have a CPX-15W that stands up to my Taylor 612ce just fine. Very good value for the money! Inlay and fret work are beyond what you normally get in a midrange.

1689977815121.png
1689977849058.png

Last edited:
I have an APX4 that I got second hand from ebay for £150

Its brilliant and doesn't matter if it gets knocked about a bit.

I love the inlays on yours. It's a real stunner

Back
Top Bottom