Y'all try this ! Parallel drives

Are you running them at the same time?

If not, then you're basically mixing dry signal with your Drive signal (unless the Drive blocks are set to Mute for Bypass Mode).

Can you post a screen shot? Not at my Axe Fx right now.

Your attachment doesn't work for me, either.

Are you running both at the same time? If not, why use two drive blocks? One block with channels gets the same result with less CPU.

I've been using this for some presets... I found that sometimes it sounds better than running one drive into another.

The 2nd path does add a 6db boost into the amp block (unless you mute the output as unix said), so you have to take that into account when setting levels and amount of drive. Or don't mute, and set amp gain or input trim lower to compensate.

I'm still amazed that I can use drive models at all. Coming over from 6 and 11 to fractal is like going from a pinto to a Maserati .

with other modelers... I could only use amp gain. The drives sounded like 10000 Bees in a coffee can.

Want to take it extreme? Front the parallel drives with a cross-over block and send low frequency content to something like a really big octave fuzz and high frequency content to a smooth overdrive.

There's a ridiculous amount of flexibility and power in the grid if you're willing to bend the rules of traditional guitar signal chains.

Yes indeed :smirk: I will

That is close to how I did it in the analog world. ...One drive eq'd low and another eq'd bright

Multiband parallel drives are magic

I've been using this for some presets... I found that sometimes it sounds better than running one drive into another.

The 2nd path does add a 6db boost into the amp block (unless you mute the output as unix said), so you have to take that into account when setting levels and amount of drive. Or don't mute, and set amp gain or input trim lower to compensate.

I am digging the 6db for soloing!

Want to take it extreme? Front the parallel drives with a cross-over block and send low frequency content to something like a really big octave fuzz and high frequency content to a smooth overdrive.

There's a ridiculous amount of flexibility and power in the grid if you're willing to bend the rules of traditional guitar signal chains.

Whoa..... mind = blown.

Back
Top Bottom