XY Amp Change with Expression Pedal

dandufour

Is it possible to use an expression pedal to switch between X and Y amp
with a gradual change? On the Axe FX2 I used to use the expression pedal
to switch from clean to distorted amps and the transition was very smooth.
Dan

Is it possible to use an expression pedal to switch between X and Y amp
with a gradual change? On the Axe FX2 I used to use the expression pedal
to switch from clean to distorted amps and the transition was very smooth.
Dan
On the Axe FX II this is possible with 2 amp blocks. You can't do this with X/Y of one amp block.

you can easily morph from clean to mean with external controllers connected to the expression pedal, attached to input drive, master volume and such.

Not sure I understand what your saying.
The AX-8 will not do 2 amps at once, and it will not morph from X to Y. you can however set up modifiers to change an amp from clean to extremely overdriven with an expression pedal.

Unless I am missing something, you should be able to switch x/y with an expression pedal.

The x/y change should just be a standard midi CC, and expression pedals send CCs... Or is X a different CC than Y? I'm away from home so I can't check myself.

Edit: nevermind... I missed the "gradual" comment...

if you want to morph a tone with an expression pedal connected to the AX-8, Yes.
If you can work with pristine clean, you can run without an amp block. Just EQ, a compressor and maybe a drive block, if you need a little hair. Then you can use two volume blocks to morph between your clean line and the amp line.

Unless I am missing something, you should be able to switch x/y with an expression pedal.

The x/y change should just be a standard midi CC, and expression pedals send CCs... Or is X a different CC than Y? I'm away from home so I can't check myself.

Edit: nevermind... I missed the "gradual" comment...
Howdy, slight subject shift, I'm an AX8 newbie (just got it a week ago and have already gigged with it) and I'd like to use scene controllers to vary input trim between scenes to vary distortion levels from scene to scene. I don't need gradual transitions between gains (as described above) and can tolerate abrupt transitions, but would minimize large changes in gain by using smallish steps between scenes and step from one to other as the situation requires. Is there a procedure for assigning and setting a scene controller to accomplish this? I know how to assign a pedal modifier to a block, I would assume it is somewhat similar? Thanks!

Last edited:
Howdy, slight subject shift, I'm an AX8 newbie (just got it a week ago and have already gigged with it) and I'd like to use scene controllers to vary input trim between scenes to vary distortion levels from scene to scene. I don't need gradual transitions between gains (as described above) and can tolerate abrupt transitions, but would minimize large changes in gain by using smallish steps between scenes and step from one to other as the situation requires. Is there a procedure for assigning and setting a scene controllers to accomplish this? I know how to assign a pedal modifier to a block, I would assume it is somewhat similar? Thanks!
There is, but this is a pretty solid thread hijack. I would suggest you post a new thread for your topic.

Short answer: scene controllers are modifiers just like pedal controllers.

Last edited:
There is, but this is a pretty solid thread hijack. I would suggest you post a new thread for your topic.

Short shower: scene controllers are modifiers just like pedal controllers.
Sorry about that, chief. Will do. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom