Xotic Soul Driven overdrive emulation?

A comment on another site mentioned that it resembles a Zen drive with a mid boost. So maybe start there?

Interesting because the sound is nothing like a zendrive. I have it sitting next to a zendrive on my board and can't get the zen to sound anywhere close to it. The zendrive in the axefx sounds just like the outboard zendrive though.

i feel like it has the dreaded K thing going on, so maybe look up the settings someone came up with for that in the Axe and tweak til you get there? Fantastic sounding pedal, though....but Allen makes everything sound good.

Interesting because the sound is nothing like a zendrive. I have it sitting next to a zendrive on my board and can't get the zen to sound anywhere close to it. The zendrive in the axefx sounds just like the outboard zendrive though.

I've had both the Zendrive and the Soul Driven. It's still an opamp based circuit that sits somewhere between an AC Booster, Zendrive and TS. I sold the SD as I found it grainy in the end and the AC Booster in the Axe Fx to me is just as good.

I've had both the Zendrive and the Soul Driven. It's still an opamp based circuit that sits somewhere between an AC Booster, Zendrive and TS. I sold the SD as I found it grainy in the end and the AC Booster in the Axe Fx to me is just as good.

I didn't realize there was an ac booster in there. Thanks for the tip.

When he cranks up the mid in that video it starts to nudge into Eric Johnson tone territory, in my opinion. So you might look at some EJ based presets to get some inspiration.

technically, i wasn't asking for a preset. I was asking about adding this particular pedal to the set of pedals that are modeled...

Back
Top Bottom