XL Incoming!!

Excellent choice. I love my AxeFX II XL. I've had it for about three months, and it's such an amazing device... my whole approach to tone shaping has changed, and it's a joy to use onstage. Welcome to the club. You're in for a great ride!

Congrats Malcolm - you're going to love it!
thumbsup.gif

I love to see people going through this experience; we all know how it feels.

And it just keeps getting better!

I sold one of my Axe FX 2's so i could order the XL, it is scheduled to arrive on Friday as well :D

So looking forward to the expanded cab storage!

So it's been 7 days since I took delivery of my XL!! Thankfully my Equator Audio D5's turned up on time so I was able to plug into some monitors from Day 1.

What can I say about my experience?......I'm so so happy with my purchase!!!! :)

The factory presets sound really good and their is definitely enough bottom end from the D5's by themselves without the need for a Sub! I've not really dug in and created my own sounds yet but will spend some time this weekend and find my clean and dirty tones, Amp/Cab/Reverb to start with, then maybe look at adding some 'Room' to the sounds etc....planning on keeping things simple to start with!

Initially was a bit overwhelmed with the realisation of how much is actually contained in this small 2U magic black box but I'm thinking keeping it simple is the way to go for starters and then building up my knowledge as time goes on.

I'm into both Metal and some vintage clean, which Cab Packs should I buy? or am I good for some time with the Cabs that comes with the unit?

Cliff and the team, thank you so much for improving my life!

I can't imagine needing anything 'else' after owning an XL for a week. I've had it for about two weeks and I know I've only scratched the surface or what it can do--I actually do have the cab packs and cab lab but haven't even unzipped them and probably won't for a while. So many parameters and options as far as tone shaping that the IRs I have are overwhelming enough, never mind dozens more cab snapshots to weed through.

Back
Top Bottom