XL Fractal Cab Pack Question

GeneT95

I just went ahead and bought the CabPack bundle. After Wellspring there are separate folders for XL files. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but after a fair amount of some time searching for it in the forums/wiki and having no luck, I gave up and figured I'd ask. To use Mad Oak and Wellspring, do I need to convert the FX2 files to XL in Cablab first? Sure, I imagine I could just go ahead and audition them but after reading that there are different files because the XL has a different sysex Id I really didn't want to simply muck around and experiment using code.

I believe with Cab Packs 1 &2 you will have to load them in Cab Lab to transfer to your XL , since they are syx files they won't be Ultra res though .

All cab files are .syx files, even the XL specific cab files. IRs are not included in the Packs 1 and 2, and it seems to me, after some reading, that Cablab needs IRs to work with to create XL .syx files.

And, I didn't know that Ultrares files are not .syx. Is this true? If so, what is the Ultrares file name specifics? CabPack7 has XL cab files in .syx format and these are Ultrares.

I'll ping customer support too.

Last edited:
Customer Support Response. Added in case anyone searches for an answer to a similar question.

Hello Gene!

The files in those packs pre-date the XL. They will work perfectly with it however.
In fact, ANY cab will work with any unit if you use Fractal-Bot or Axe-Edit. Those folders are only for old-school MIDI apps like MIDI OX or Snoize :)

Back
Top Bottom