XiTone levels

Sfalsetto

Hi everyone,

I ordered a XiTone active wedge at the beginning of April after being told I would have it by May and have not yet received it.
I emailed Mick asking for an update on the active wedge, but never received a reply. As I’m quickly approaching my first gig in some time, I needed a solution and ended up picking up an MBritt cab on reverb. At this point I may sell one or the other once the active wedge arrives but that is neither here nor there.

In regards to setting the levels, I’ve found many resources on this forum and others. More specifically the sheet that talks about using dsp mode 6 with the LED meters to set optimal level. I followed those instructions with my FM3.

My ouputs in the Fm3 are acceptable, not clipping. I’m using line level on the XiTone. Everything sounds great, but I’m pretty consistently hitting the limiter LED on the cab. Is this expected behavior?

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction, or maybe have better luck reaching @MicFarlow here. The cab seems plenty loud but I don’t want to hit that limiter too hard if it is causing damage. In order to not get the limiter LED, I simply don’t have enough volume and will have to try something else. Just to clarify, I’m only seeing the limiter light when playing, not setting levels in DSP mode 6.

Any help is much appreciated!

Bump for some help hopefully. Really just trying to find out if the limit LED is a clip indicator. I also see that there is an LED labeled "Signal." That one hasn't lit up at all from what I've seen. I know that Mick customizes the DSP, so it doesn't necessarily match the description in the Dayton amp manual. In the sheet I found regarding the VU meter mode, it says "The Clipping indicator should never light up." Which indicator is the clipping indicator? Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some guidance.

Back
Top Bottom