XiTone for Bass (and Guitar)

OmegaZero

Inspired
I've seen threads about using other FRFR cabs for bass - has anyone tried this with the XiTone cabs? I'm pretty sure a pair of active wedges could fill my needs for guitar, assuming I can learn to get along with FRFR in general. I also play bass for jam sessions and small gigs though, so I would need to cover those as well. I put the question of bass use to Mic via email, and he offered to do some custom DSP witchcraft to help with that. Any opinions on how well this might work, especially considering Mic's DSP magic?

Edited to remove long, rambling post. This is really what I was asking...

Last edited:
My passive Xitone 2x12s were excellent for bass. I've not used bass through my active 1x12 wedge.

I actually built a rig last year for a customer who plays 8 stringed guitar I think. We cooked up a top end cab which was pretty much a standard cab along with a sub woofer. He was very pleased with the results. I'll ping him tomorrow and see if he has any thoughts to pass along.

@MicFarlow I thought about adding a sub after reading a few threads about using CLRs for bass. For larger gigs that would certainly be an option, but I guess I was hoping to get away without that most of the time. I was actually planning to email you again tomorrow to talk about the previously offered DSP magic.:cool:

Last edited:
Why so many fewer people using XiTone for this as opposed to the CLR, etc.? Is the more cab-like / less PA-like sound turning people off from trying it?

I think there are plenty of Xitone cabs out in the field. I've used mine far more than my CLR.

In case anyone comes across this thread and wonders how it turned out - the XiTones have been great. Mick added a custom DSP mode for me which is perfect for home practice and other moderate-volume bass uses. I was also able to pick up a used KSub from a friend for next to nothing, so I have that option in the bag in case I need more firepower. Really enjoying my pair of active wedges. They sound great for everything I've tried them on (guitar, bass, general music, etc).

My interactions with Mick have also been great. I know this gets said often but it's worth
repeating: XiTone customer service is top notch.

Last edited:
In case anyone comes across this thread and wonders how it turned out - the XiTones have been great. Mick added a custom DSP mode for me which is perfect for home practice and other moderate-volume bass uses. I was also able to pick up a used KSub from a friend for next to nothing, so I have that option in the bag in case I need more firepower. Really enjoying my pair of active wedges. They sound great for everything I've tried them on (guitar, bass, general music, etc).

My interactions with Mick have also been great. I know this gets said often but it's worth
repeating: XiTone customer service is top notch.
Thanks so much for following up - very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom