Xitone Cabs

Does the active wedge handle two simultaneous inputs? I play a dual guitar/keyboard role in my band and need to be able to plug both into the same amp.

I do! My still says MBritt on the front so I guess it's super vintage extra special now, right? :D

Great cabinet. Took me a while to adjust to it. I was coming from a very dark-sounding EV ELX112P so the high end content I was hearing when I plugged into the XiTone was slicing my ears open at first. Once I solved for that and figured out the difference between the XiTone and my Tannoy monitors on my desk I've been dialing in sweet sounding presets without any issues.

The open back is the bees knees for me. You get that less-directive, room filling behaviour you'd expect when you take the back off. I love it. I don't think it'll float the boat of anyone doing the brootalz. The low end won't hold up as nicely as it might with say a ported, closed back cabinet. But for the kind of rock and blues I play it's just great.

I feed it a sub-mix from my Behringer mixer that's mainly my guitar signal and a little vocal and band and it's my "wedge" for monitoring like that. If we're playing without our personal PA support I just feed it my III's signal and run it like I would an amp behind me on stage.

Also: Mick's support is Fractal-like -- which is to say it's amazing.
I have been researching a wedge to go with my new Axe Fx III. I own 2 x EV ELX 112P for my basement PA and happened to notice your mention of it here. My main question is "are the EV ELX 112P any good to experiment with tone building?" I plan to invest in a XiTone or Atomic but in the near term until I learn and do more research. Bottom line - are the EV's I have any good? The FRFR choices are varied and I am looking for some baseline with what I own. Much appreciated comments on the EV ELX 112P which are sitting in my house already.

I have been researching a wedge to go with my new Axe Fx III. I own 2 x EV ELX 112P for my basement PA and happened to notice your mention of it here. My main question is "are the EV ELX 112P any good to experiment with tone building?" I plan to invest in a XiTone or Atomic but in the near term until I learn and do more research. Bottom line - are the EV's I have any good? The FRFR choices are varied and I am looking for some baseline with what I own. Much appreciated comments on the EV ELX 112P which are sitting in my house already.
They're fine. Good is what you have on hand. I still use my ELX 112P as a wedge monitor for the band. Works just aces, sounds great. I really like that they're wooden cabinets. Darker, but nice chonk to it.

Back
Top Bottom