Xitone Cabs

I do’s and as you see quite a few others

You can’t go wrong honestly.

Does anyone have the Xitone 12" open/closed back cab? I talked to Mick & for what I play he recommended that one over the wedge. I don't use allot of gain. I use clean tones(DR) with mods & time based effects and low gain drives for lead tones. Blues/classic rock R&B. Any users of this cab?

I tried many of the systems that made their way here and came to the conclusion, that I don't prefer coaxials.
The systems with the tweeter in front of the cone usualy had a low x-over frequency...and letting a tweeter supply the highs is far away from how guitar cabs work and it didn't feel closer to a guitar cab than other monitors and fullrange tops to me.
But they've been pricey, all of them.
There's so many good monitors out there...

I don’t know man, I got the 12” active wedge ,I dont have any label or manual. But I’m pretty sure it is standard one,if that means what your asking? It’s closed,tweeter behind speaker

I mean XItone Is a good way to go
That’s all

I tried many of the systems that made their way here and came to the conclusion, that I don't prefer coaxials.
The systems with the tweeter in front of the cone usualy had a low x-over frequency...and letting a tweeter supply the highs is far away from how guitar cabs work and it didn't feel closer to a guitar cab than other monitors and fullrange tops to me.
But they've been pricey, all of them.
There's so many good monitors out there...

Got to remember though that a lot of people also add other instruments to the monitor mix, use them for synths, backing tracks, even home theater lol.

I think if you want a guitar cab, then use a guitar cab. If you want an accurate monitor, use a monitor speaker.

I think it’s all and all gotten kind of silly with “feel”, “amp in room” etc.

It’s like if someone took some nice desktop studio monitors and disconnected the tweeters and then started claiming they were going for a more “guitar cabinet” sound, or amp in room etc.

It’s like no, you’ve just got a really bad monitor setup now, you didn’t make them better, you made them not do the very thing they were supposed to do.

Within the studio environment no one seems to have issues with nearfield vs midfield monitors, but within the guitar player community tons of people can’t seem to grasp that a “frfr” is just a monitor, a rather flat one, and it’s the same as a PA speaker, or a “studio” monitor, and all of those things are different then a guitar cabinet, just like how a subwoofer is different than a full range speaker etc.

We simply have way too many terms for trying to describe what is essentially the same thing and calling things “frfr” is like calling things “HD”.

I saw some “HD” sunglasses advertised the other day for example..... what does that mean other than a term someone thought would sell sunglasses in the same way everyone calls their monitors “frfr” when they aren’t

Does anyone have the Xitone 12" open/closed back cab? I talked to Mick & for what I play he recommended that one over the wedge. I don't use allot of gain. I use clean tones(DR) with mods & time based effects and low gain drives for lead tones. Blues/classic rock R&B. Any users of this cab?
I do! My still says MBritt on the front so I guess it's super vintage extra special now, right? :D

Great cabinet. Took me a while to adjust to it. I was coming from a very dark-sounding EV ELX112P so the high end content I was hearing when I plugged into the XiTone was slicing my ears open at first. Once I solved for that and figured out the difference between the XiTone and my Tannoy monitors on my desk I've been dialing in sweet sounding presets without any issues.

The open back is the bees knees for me. You get that less-directive, room filling behaviour you'd expect when you take the back off. I love it. I don't think it'll float the boat of anyone doing the brootalz. The low end won't hold up as nicely as it might with say a ported, closed back cabinet. But for the kind of rock and blues I play it's just great.

I feed it a sub-mix from my Behringer mixer that's mainly my guitar signal and a little vocal and band and it's my "wedge" for monitoring like that. If we're playing without our personal PA support I just feed it my III's signal and run it like I would an amp behind me on stage.

Also: Mick's support is Fractal-like -- which is to say it's amazing.

I’m thinking of getting a xitone and getting Mick to build the the speaker to match the top rack.
I’m hearing Mick makes really good deals. As soon as we are able to get back in a house I’m going to talk to him I’ve been hearing good things from everyone Tremonti setup is awesome and I’m leaning towards a setup like his. Just can’t do it now.

The best way to put it is the way a mesa growls the xitone makes your preset growl....its just an incredible FRFR solution, I’m sure youd like it
I’m thinking of getting a xitone and getting Mick to build the the speaker to match the top rack.
I’m hearing Mick makes really good deals. As soon as we are able to get back in a house I’m going to talk to him I’ve been hearing good things from everyone Tremonti setup is awesome and I’m leaning towards a setup like his. Just can’t do it now.

I’m looking forward to hearing these for myself. From what I have been reading these sound great. And it will be nice to only have to Carrie the Xitone and a road case which when it comes time I’m going to talk to Mick about making for me. Sounds like he is very easy to work with and makes good deals which I think we all like a good deal. :D

You know what I’m going to repost something mick showed me because people need to know Xitone is one of the best, if not the best powered wedges/cabinets as FRFR solutions IMHO

I asked mick if he could show me some FRFR for my benefit, and he was kind enough to oblige
The message is truncated because it was personal info involved but the graph speaks for itself

Micky I hope you dont mind me reposting this, but people should see it
———-start email———-

Hey Chris,

Here is a graphic for you to ponder...

Wedge Frequency Response.png

What this shows is that the frequency response at the time I measured it was plus/minus 1db or so.

Thanks!

Mick
——-end ——-

Just for everyone who had issues with Atomics CLR NEo wonderful graphs
Here is my graph for my xitone wedge 12” powered cab

Just for your edification, and so people know its TRUE FRFR solution, like atomic CLR, just a different beast altogether
And I love it

You know what I’m going to repost something mick showed me because people need to know Xitone is one of the best, if not the best powered wedges/cabinets as FRFR solutions IMHO

I asked mick if he could show me some FRFR for my benefit, and he was kind enough to oblige
The message is truncated because it was personal info involved but the graph speaks for itself

Micky I hope you dont mind me reposting this, but people should see it
———-start email———-

Hey Chris,

Here is a graphic for you to ponder...

Wedge Frequency Response.png

What this shows is that the frequency response at the time I measured it was plus/minus 1db or so.

Thanks!

Mick
——-end ——-

Just for everyone who had issues with Atomics CLR NEo wonderful graphs
Here is my graph for my xitone wedge 12” powered cab

Just for your edification, and so people know its TRUE FRFR solution, like atomic CLR, just a different beast altogether
And I love it
Theres no graphic showing.

How am I wrong? I just proved with a screenshot that your graph DID NOT SHOW UP on my end. You can take your arrogant, condescending attitude and shove it!!!!

Didn't show up on my end either. Not initially.

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm over promoting a one-man operation like XiTone, let's not get bent out of shape. We're all on the same team here.

Didn't show up on my end either. Not initially.

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm over promoting a one-man operation like XiTone, let's not get bent out of shape. We're all on the same team here.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that couldn't see the graph. I'm not sure if you are referring to me as far as promoting Xitone. That's not me.

Back
Top Bottom