Xitone 12" Powered Wedge

jiagap

Inspired
It was time to clean up my little studio/office, so I decided to put my Xitone 12" powered wedge into Bluetooth mode and stream some nice jazz through it while I filed papers and cleaned things up. Sounded great and I started to feel convicted about not writing this review.

I have owned my Xitone wedge for a bit over 2 months. I had promised Mick a review and put it off.

Before the purchase I had been using my AX8 through a couple FBT Verve 8mA monitors, or Mackie HR824's, or a Roland KC-110, or a Roland JC-40 Jazz Chorus, or sometimes mono through my Fender Princeton 65 RI. They all had strengths. Nothing horrific. But I was feeling I wanted a 12" powered monitor and I usually play mono anyway in public. Something not too heavy - I am getting old. Something that would sound good at very low volumes in my little studio, but also sound good louder if I ever needed it at a venue (at church I play through the PA so don't need to haul anything back and forth weekly.)

The Xitone 12" active wedge was a pleasant surprise. Incredibly quiet sitting next to me in the little studio - I hate hiss in standby mode - and there is none. Delicious and articulate tone at low volume - yet full bass - nothing AM radio about. I admit I have only taken it out once to give it a trial run at higher volume. Wowzers, this thing packs a punch and sounds real. Cleans or crunch do not disappoint.

The bluetooth for Spotify through my iPhone is a wonderful bonus, very easy to set up. For a deck party when I need loud streaming music, this works great.

Caveat: I confess, I do not have the most discerning ear, and after years of loud rock and roll and some target practice without proper ear protection, my ears are not what they used to be. But I can tell an improvement over the other options I was using and am a very satisfied customer. My monitor GAS is abated.

My system is simple, easy to transport if needed, and sounds great. Favorite guitar, and AX8 through a Xitone 12" powered wedge. Thanks Mick.

But sitting here, writing this review, I fired up one of my songs in Logic. The articulation is incredible compared to my Mackies. Anyone ever use a pair of Xitone wedges a monitors for mixing and recording?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom