Xitone 10 inch Powered Speaker - Awesome

Adinfinitum

Experienced
I just saw the thread on the 12 inch Xitone, here is some info on the 10 inch version I got last week.

Mick at Xitone recently developed a special FRFR cabined for the digitally modeling master Michael Britt. I believe it is a 12 inch speaker in an open cabinet (may be a closed?). I asked Mick for one slightly smaller to fit under my studio desk in my bedroom to replace my Tech21 Trademark 10 that I was running as a FRFR. I recently purchased Equator D5s as monitors (after trying pretty much every 5 in monitor on the planet and these sounded the best, although, all of them had a upper mid harshness that made the modelers sound like crap.

I currently use a Atomic CLR in my downstairs studio running a Axe-FX 2, Kemper, Eleven Rack and numerous plugins and love the CLR; however, although I love it (best FRFR I've tried), the CLR is "slight" overkill for my bedroom. Plus my wife only allowed me only the size of my desk for music equipment.

Here are the spec - quoting Mick

It's just a 10" open back cab running an Eminence 10" coaxial driver. The Matrix amp is 400w into 4ohms and 220 into 8ohms.

Incidentally, there are three operational modes... indicated by how many times the LED on the back blinks...

Mode 1 is FRFR,
Mode 2 is FRFR with 10" driver only
Mode 3 is 10" driver raw.

Here are my comments.

IT SOUNDS AWESOME. I've been running the following through it: AX8, KPA, Helix, Amplifire, Bias Head, UAD plugins, and pretty much every AU plugin out there (Amplitube, Line6, Bias, S-Gear, TH-3, Revalver 4, you name em.

Compared to the Equator monitors (which sound fine running Logic with software instruments), the Xitone blows them away for guitar Finally, I have a speaker that translates perfectly for my purposes. Even though it is a 10 inch speaker, at least for home use, it is plenty loud, plenty of bass. It does have ports that help with bass, although I have it so close to the wall that it is not optimal.

Plus, Mick is awesome to deal with, friendly, responsive and a master at building these cabinets.

For smaller gigs, practice or home use, the Xitone is perfect.

How do you feel it compares to your CLR? Do you adjust your presets between the two, if you've tried comparing them?

I love my CLR for running the Axe-2 and KPA. The Xitone 10 inch monitor is different due to the size as well as location. The CLR is out in the open in my studio and I can run it full bore while the Xitone is run lower in volume (unless my wife is out of the house).

One of those instances where the fork in the road leads to the same place - good guitar sound.

Note - I'm not anal when it comes to guitars, Amps, speakers, FX - I can pretty much get a good tone from all of these things.

Last edited:
I love my CLR for running the Axe-2 and KPA. The Xitone 10 inch monitor is different due to the size as well as location. The CLR is out in the open in my studio and I can run it full bore while the Xitone is run lower in volume (unless my wife is out of the house).

One of those instances where the fork in the road leads to the same place - good guitar sound.

Note - I'm not anal when it comes to guitars, Amps, speakers, FX - I can pretty much get a good tone from all of these things.

sounds cool.! can we see a pic?

Sure.. how about 3 of them... :)

2959A1CD-7A34-4CFE-A4A0-EC3F3F39172A_zps7fxvyq5r.jpg

5FC1C9B0-259B-476C-A1FB-AD4711FB2DEF_zpsjkpfcqbx.jpg

B57BF5F9-CC2F-4A2C-B3E0-674B5C7F8281_zpssiyoa06x.jpg

Can these be used to replace studio desk top monitors or to run the guitar into in addition to the studio monitors? Also what is the wattage and how much jingle do they cost?

I run all my modelers through both studio monitors and the Xitone. I use a Samson C-Control to switch between the two.

I think those pics are my speaker - damn it sounds great.

Last edited:
Oh.. forgot the jingle part....

The 10" is $859 plus $39 shipping to the US and the 12" is currently $899 plus $39 shipping but that 12" price is for a very limited time.... before too much longer it will go to $959 plus $45 shipping.

Oh.. forgot the jingle part....

The 10" is $859 plus $39 shipping to the US and the 12" is currently $899 plus $39 shipping but that 12" price is for a very limited time.... before too much longer it will go to $959 plus $45 shipping.
How much does the 12" weigh?

Hi Mick,

Could you consider the use of 12 inches neodymium coaxial to lighten the weight of the cab? I'm getting tired of waiting for the out of stock CLR neo wedge.

Hi Mick,

Could you consider the use of 12 inches neodymium coaxial to lighten the weight of the cab? I'm getting tired of waiting for the out of stock CLR neo wedge.
Same Here Mic would be really interested in a Neodymium Version.. I've been waiting for a CLR Power Module Replacement for months....

I have the passive wedge . It kills and is highly recommended , plus Mic was a pleasure to work with ... Now the question --- Will you be making these in a passive version also ? ... if so I would be interested. :D

By saying overkill, do you mean size-wise or volume? I'm also looking for a good solution that is low volume for the house, but something I can turn up when jamming out with folks.

It could mean both depending on your application. In your case I would think it would be a great fit! If one was to use them strictly for mixing on a desk in a small room, then yes they would probably be overkill.

The beauty of FR speakers when properly sized is you can use volume and EQ to make them fit into just about any listing situation. You are obviously not going to have good results if you show up to a gig with a set of 5" studio monitors.

It could mean both depending on your application. In your case I would think it would be a great fit! If one was to use them strictly for mixing on a desk in a small room, then yes they would probably be overkill.

The beauty of FR speakers when properly sized is you can use volume and EQ to make them fit into just about any listing situation. You are obviously not going to have good results if you show up to a gig with a set of 5" studio monitors.
Thanks! I think this will be the ticket for me. I'm chatting with Mick and think I'll be going XiTone for my FR setup. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom