X32 Users - Wireless Router advice

guitarjim

Experienced
I'm designing an X32 based FOH rack. I'm finding that there aren't very many rackmountable wireless routers on the market. What have you had success with (or failure)?

Thanks.

I took regular D-Link router and velcro'd it to a rack shelf. Easy.
Haven't had an issue yet.

I haven't seen any rack mounted routers. I use an asus rt66 variant - there is a newer AC unit but the N works just fine. I used an AirPort Extreme before, but had major lag problems.

However I dont think it was the router's fault. If I'm within 10 feet of the router, the x32 app lags like crazy. Once I step away, it's fine.

The asus has 3 removable antenna. If I'm gonna be close, I leave them off and I have 0 problems! I usually do that if I'm on stage playing. If I'm running sound, I'll put on the antenna so I can mix from house position with the gear at the stage.

I REALLY need an s16!!

I bought a 20 dollar dlink with both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. Also just use velcro and mount it outside the rack. No issue ever.

tons of rackmount routers...real routers... cisco etc. be prepared to spend an arm and a leg. i would suggest just the above, velcro one to the rack or a shelf somewhere.

Our drummer has the X32 Rack version, uses an Apple Airport Extreme, one of the little ones mounted inside his Gator rack, never seems to have an issue running the tablet from pretty good distances. I also use one of the older, larger AE routers with my Presonus gear, likewise issue free. I had it mounted on an external mic stand so I could get it above obstructions, which worked well.

I've seen a lot of brands used, and most decent name brands work pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom