X32 Rack -personal IEM mixes, clicks+tracks and record in Logic, how?

Pelikanen

Inspired
We're using the Behringer X32 Rack in my band right now and we want to have individual IEM mixes.
I need help with basics giving everyone a personal IEM mix. How do I do it?

So far I understand that if we want individual stereo IEM mixes each member has to use up two XLR Outs. If we were to go mono, just using one XLR Out would be enough, right?

Plus, we're five players so one of us will have to use the two 6.3 monitor jacks, am I correct?

How does each player get their mix back into their in ears?

My other concern is that we're using the sound card in the Behringer X32, and we monitor our instruments through Logic by pressing Rec on all audio tracks. This is because we want to use backing tracks, a click and also be able to record our rehearsals. This will probably hinder us from making individual IEM mixes, right?

So what I want to know is: How do we get personal IEM mixes, while still being able to get our backing tracks and click tracks from Logic into our IEM mixes and also record our rehearsals in Logic.

My head hurts from trying to sift through endless information on this or trying to figure it out myself, any help is much appreciated.

I can add this video of Animals As Leaders vaguely explaining how they use their X32 + S16 rig (we have an S16 too, FWIW). We want to be able to do what they do but with just one computer if possible.

They have two laptops, one that's playing back clicks+tracks and controlling IEM mixes and one for recording.

Last edited:
Hi pelikanen,
Behringer p16-m - get a few of them and run your iem mixes from them.
Thanks
Pauly

We're using the Behringer X32 Rack in my band right now and we want to have individual IEM mixes.

So far I understand that if we want individual stereo IEM mixes each member has to use up two XLR Outs. If we were to go mono, just using one XLR Out would be enough, right?

Plus, we're five players so one of us will have to use the two 6.3 monitor jacks, am I correct?

My other concern is that we're using the sound card in the Behringer X32, and we monitor our instruments through Logic by pressing Rec on all audio tracks. This is because we want to use backing tracks, a click and also be able to record our rehearsals. This will probably hinder us from making individual IEM mixes, right?

So what I want to know is: How do we get personal IEM mixes, while still being able to get our backing tracks and click tracks from Logic into our IEM mixes and also record our rehearsals in Logic.

My head hurts from trying to sift through endless information on this or trying to figure it out myself, any help is much appreciated.

I can add this video of Animals As Leaders vaguely explaining how they use their X32 + S16 rig (we have an S16 too, FWIW). We want to be able to do what they do here in live situations but in rehearsals too.

Edit: I missed the part when they say have two laptops, one for clicks+tracks+control of IEM mixes and one for recording everything. I still need help though to understand everything else.

H

Hi pelikanen,
Behringer p16-m - get a few of them and run your iem mixes from them.
Thanks
Pauly

H
Is this the only way to do it? And how does that work, step by step, simply explained?

Btw, I want to do what Animals As Leaders do with just one computer if that is possible?

I do use my X32 do provide stereo IEM mixes for all 5 band members. Every band member has a stereo pre-fader bus assigned for their personal mixes. That's 10 outputs in total that go to a headphone amp for wired IEM (6 TS outputs, 4 XLR outputs). Every instrument is panned and sent to these busses, including FX returns for vocal reverb and such. The X32 is connected via WLAN and every band member uses an X32 app on their cellphones to control their individual mixes.

Edit: Recording and feeding backing tracks is independent of how you provide monitor mixes. It can be done with just a single laptop (easier than using two laptops I'd say).

Last edited:
1/ probably not - christthephone's reply is elegant and cheaper.
2/ you daisy chain with Ethernet cables or buy the Behringer hub and connect them to that (which also provides power to each unit). You can assign 16 feeds to your p16s and each member with one can create their own mix. Check the intermenet for more details.
Pauly

Is this the only way to do it? And how does that work, step by step, simply explained?

Btw, I want to do what Animals As Leaders do with just one computer if that is possible?

Wireless IEMs is how we do it with a DL32R... Same basic type of unit, but more Aux outputs.

2 x guitar, 1 x bass, 1 x singer each with a wireless transmitter in our rack. We also have a headphone amp that feeds our drummer and can serve as a backup if a wireless goes down.

Back
Top Bottom