X/Y State issue with AE3 (mac) [SOLVED]

Johan Allard

Power User
I've verified this with both the Amp and Cab block. Whenever I change the Y state of a block, it never saves properly. To replicate,

- select Amp block, X state.
- Copy the content
- select the Y block, paste.

At this point, the Y state sounds identical to the X state, as it should. Hit Save. Change to another preset and change back. Select the Y state - it has reverted back to 59 Bassguy and no sound.

Changing Y state on the front panel with Firmware 11 works fine, this is just through Axe Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried this and it works fine here. Can you post the preset?

Here's what's going wrong: When using Edit > Copy from the Amp block, you're copying the entire block. That's both X + Y. So what you're doing is copying the block onto itself.

Here's how you accomplish what you want:
instead of right-clicking the Amp block, right-click the X or Y button and select "Copy to ...", or select Copy and then Paste onto the other state.

Last edited:
Here's what's going wrong: When using Edit > Copy from the Amp block, you're copying the entire block. That's both X + Y. So what you're doing is copying the block onto itself.

Here's how you accomplish what you want:
instead of right-clicking the Amp block, right-click the X or Y button and select "Copy to ...", or select Copy and then Paste onto the other state.

Got it! Thank you Yek! It would have never occurred to me to right click on the x/y button.

Back
Top Bottom