X/Y Settings with Expression Pedal

jshirkey

Experienced
Hi,

Scene 1: I have a Fuzz that has its tone control tied to an external controller--an expression pedal. Works great. This is my Drive 1 "X" setting.

Scene 2: For my "Y" setting (same Drive block), I change to a TS 808. The problem: The tone control of the TS 808 is still tied to the expression pedal because of carryover from the "X" setting. So, if the pedal is in the heel position, it's muddy. I could always make sure the pedal is toe down, so my tone isn't rolled all the way off, but that seems kind of cumbersome.

Question: Is there a way to disconnect the exp pedal from the tone knob in the "Y" setting, while still keeping it for the "X" in scene 1? I tried--unsuccessfully.

Thanks for the help!

Nope, controllers affect both 'X' and 'Y'. If you have enough CPU, use two Drive blocks.

Nope, controllers affect both 'X' and 'Y'. If you have enough CPU, use two Drive blocks.

Ok...bummer. I have plenty of CPU. It just changes how I have my scenes set up, so I have to make my current scene 3 scene 2; my current scene 4, scene 3--and so on. I may be able to use the copy scene function to sort it out.

It shouldn't change you scene arrangement? Scene 1 uses Drive block 1 - Fuzz with the expression pedal attached, Scene 2 uses Drive block 2 - TS-808 with no external controller.

It shouldn't change you scene arrangement? Scene 1 uses Drive block 1 - Fuzz with the expression pedal attached, Scene 2 uses Drive block 2 - TS-808 with no external controller.

It did. It's too convoluted to explain in detail (and I'm not even sure I can remember everything I originally had at this point anyway), but I had to delete one scene ( I think it was scene 3, which already had a Drive/TS808 in it), move the other scenes "over" one spot, and insert a new scene 2 (with Drive 2/TS 808) in place of the old scene 2.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I got it sorted out. Thanks.

I try to avoid 'X/Y' when ever I can. The only time I use it, is when I have to.;)

Back
Top Bottom