X/Y setting in patch to MFC

chris5150

Inspired
Think I am missing something obvious , so apologies in advance asking!...
I have my Mfc set up so swriches 1-5 are
Used for presets , then 6 up are assigned to effects, I assigned them via programming the switches on the MFC.
All works well on most patches , switch on and off reverb/delay/phaser/flanger etc all with the assigned switch
I have loaded up a few patches from singtall and the delay switch is green yet delay is not on, when I toggle the delay switch on the MFC, on the MFC screen it starts 'delay X/Y'... so it's using the switch to move between x and y.... how do I change this in the patch so it works as it does on my other patches i.e. It actually switches delay on and off ?rather than toggles it between x and y

Confused because I thought once the MFC switches were programmed they would stay the same across all the patches .. help! Thanks

Don't quite understand why this has been moved into this section, its not an MFC issue is it?, it is something to do with the programming /selction within the patch , so would be better in axe fx section

A preset can not change the assignment of switches on the MFC.

Hi Yek , thanks for replying, downloaded your patches last week, have to say there is some crackers in there, so thanks very much for that, great fun going through them
Don't quite understand it then, I set my MFC is set up so 1 - 5 is preset change , then the next 8 are for various effects, so in my case Ia switch 9 I have programmed for delay & put my lovely delay kicktag on there. Now in most of the presets I have , if there is a delay block in the patch I simply use switch 9 to toggle it on or off, works fine.
I have downloaded some singtall patches, for example Singtall BE crunch, ..now in scene 1 there is no delay , yet the delay switch on the MFC is lit green, and when you operate it the description on the MFC panel says 'delay X/Y' so for some reason somehow that switch 9 that just switches delay on & off in my other patches now seems to have a different function in this patch.
This has bamboozled me as like you say Yek, I thought once you had programmed the ia switches , presumed they remained the same across the board as it were, so thought it seems that somewhere in the patch in the axe I/O you may be able to allocate different uses for the same switch...so instead of turning an effect on , it is used to switch between X/Y for example...
confused!
thanks

So you're running the MFC in Axe-Fx Mode and Preset Mode, and you've assigned the IA switches to effects from the list of Axe-Fx functions (not to MIDI CCs)?

And was the switch given a specific name in Edit > Setup > IA (etc.).?

Correct Yek, and I set the specific names as per the defaults in the MFC, so delay is button 14....

Think I might of had a bit of a thicko moment, need to check when I get home, Jeez I might be incredibly stupid. I have 2 axe's , one in my living room and one in my 'man cave'. Now I have a feeling I programmed the living room one, as been playing on that exclusively recently, just updated the 2nd one in my man cave to 8.02 and have been going through patches on it...I am betting I actually haven't set the I/A switches in that one at all, singtall's is the first set of patches I have been going through on that axe , so I bet its that I haven't set the I/A switches at all on that MFC,bet I just did it on the lounge one, and now I have confused myself ...oops
sorry yek to waste your time, but think that's it, will sort tonight

Yep I am officially a D head, indeed my 2nd MFC , button 14 was programmed to switch delay x/y, now changed to delay 1, so that solves that one...silly me

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom